Where's good to go to trade in PS3 games?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Spanky Deluxe, Dec 8, 2007.

1. macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

I've got two PS3 games, Oblivion and Ridge Racer, which I'd really like to trade in somewhere. Is Game the only place that does trade ins? I don't really mind store credit since I'm in the market for Mario Galaxy anyway.

2. macrumors 68000

sam10685

Mario Galaxy wont work on a PS3.

3. thread starter macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Oh balls. Hopefully it'll work on my Wii though.

;) :p

4. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm starting to think there is no pint trading in games anymore.

I get about €15 trade in value on Wii/360/PS3 games here at gamestop. I mean WTF? €60-70 retail and €15 trade-in ? It's hardly worth it.

5. thread starter macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah I know what you mean. I think I'll have a pop by Game and ask them what they'll offer. There's always eBay although I really can't be bothered with that. It looks like I could get ~£20 for Oblivion on eBay and close to that for Ridge Racer.

Ridge Racer just sucks and Oblivion's too much of a time investment for something that just doesn't seem all that fun. All they're going to do is gather dust on the shelf whereas something like Mario Galaxy I would actually play. The downloadable demos are enough to showcase the PS3 if people want to see what its like.

6. thread starter macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Game said they'd give me £18 for Oblivion and something like £5-£10 for Ridge Racer 7 (although they had to guesstimate that one since they didn't have any copies to run through the machine). Gamestation were ***holes and just said "We don't give estimates or tell you in advance. You have to bring in the games for us to give you a quote". They can sod right off. If Game had offered ~£15 for RR7 I'd probably have taken the deal. I think I'll just do the eBay challenge and put them up at buy-it-now for £20+delivery each.

7. macrumors Core

Dagless

eBay is all I can recommend. Sometimes GAME and the likes have nice offers where you can trade in an old game and get a discounted new game. I believe GAME are running one now where you can buy Galaxy for £19 so long as you trade in Warioware-esque aged games.

Which is daft as Sainsbury's and Tesco sell Galaxy for £27.

eBay.

8. macrumors 65816

I'm glad you're not that stupid :D. Of coarse I don't know why he didn't just assume you have a Wii...

9. macrumors Core

Dagless

Of coarse he's not that stupid!

10. macrumors regular

jcarm24

the poor trade in value is a big reason i'm thinking of getting GameFly and just renting my games from now on. if i get the $23 / month plan, that $275 which is about 5 (new) games. I can foresee buying more than 5 games in 2008.

DO they have game rental companies across the ocean?