Where's good to go to trade in PS3 games?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Spanky Deluxe, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Spanky Deluxe
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I've got two PS3 games, Oblivion and Ridge Racer, which I'd really like to trade in somewhere. Is Game the only place that does trade ins? I don't really mind store credit since I'm in the market for Mario Galaxy anyway.

2. sam10685
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

sam10685

Mario Galaxy wont work on a PS3.

3. Spanky Deluxe
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Oh balls. Hopefully it'll work on my Wii though.

;) :p

4. MRU
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm starting to think there is no pint trading in games anymore.

I get about €15 trade in value on Wii/360/PS3 games here at gamestop. I mean WTF? €60-70 retail and €15 trade-in ? It's hardly worth it.

5. Spanky Deluxe
    Expand Collapse

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah I know what you mean. I think I'll have a pop by Game and ask them what they'll offer. There's always eBay although I really can't be bothered with that. It looks like I could get ~£20 for Oblivion on eBay and close to that for Ridge Racer.

Ridge Racer just sucks and Oblivion's too much of a time investment for something that just doesn't seem all that fun. All they're going to do is gather dust on the shelf whereas something like Mario Galaxy I would actually play. The downloadable demos are enough to showcase the PS3 if people want to see what its like.

6. Spanky Deluxe
    Expand Collapse

Spanky Deluxe

Game said they'd give me £18 for Oblivion and something like £5-£10 for Ridge Racer 7 (although they had to guesstimate that one since they didn't have any copies to run through the machine). Gamestation were ***holes and just said "We don't give estimates or tell you in advance. You have to bring in the games for us to give you a quote". They can sod right off. If Game had offered ~£15 for RR7 I'd probably have taken the deal. I think I'll just do the eBay challenge and put them up at buy-it-now for £20+delivery each.

7. Dagless
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Core

Dagless

eBay is all I can recommend. Sometimes GAME and the likes have nice offers where you can trade in an old game and get a discounted new game. I believe GAME are running one now where you can buy Galaxy for £19 so long as you trade in Warioware-esque aged games.

Which is daft as Sainsbury's and Tesco sell Galaxy for £27.

eBay.

8. spyker3292
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

I'm glad you're not that stupid :D. Of coarse I don't know why he didn't just assume you have a Wii...

9. Dagless
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Core

Dagless

10. jcarm24
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

jcarm24

the poor trade in value is a big reason i'm thinking of getting GameFly and just renting my games from now on. if i get the $23 / month plan, that $275 which is about 5 (new) games. I can foresee buying more than 5 games in 2008.

DO they have game rental companies across the ocean?