Where's My AppleWorks?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by JonasLoaf, Oct 27, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

I did a clean install and noticed last night that I don't have AppleWorks. Weird, right? Any ideas?

2. macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Apple's very picky about which systems have AppleWorks included. By clean installing (I'm assuming you clean installed Panther), you got rid of it.

I don't like AppleWorks. ;)

3. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

If your computer had it installed when you bought it you need to use your system restore disks. Apple Works isn't a part of OS X so it's not on the install disks.

By the way, you wouldn't have OS 9 on there either. Time to get out the restore disks.

4. macrumors newbie

Brian Bosworth

apple works

i lost appleworks after i installed OS X. I am still looking for the os9.2 to run classic.

my appleworks was bought in 2000 appleworks 6 can it be installed on OSX without OS 9

5. macrumors 68000

e-coli

If I do a clean install of Panther, will it install Classic as well?

6. macrumors 6502a

alia

If not, you can also use the system restore disk to reinstall classic and run it with that.

I didn't bother to reinstall classic though I might have to if I want to install Diablo II.

Alia

7. macrumors regular

I can't get Appleworks to launch on Panther. It unexpectedly quits every time I try to launch it. Has anyone else experienced this??

(17" 1Ghz G4 Powerbook, OS X 10.3)