Where's my HD movie on the iMac?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Cams, Aug 21, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

I just bought an HD movie on iTunes for playback on my Apple TV2. I now have the movie twice in my iTunes library, one HD and one standard def. The HD version plays only on the iMac, not on the Apple TV. If I right-click the HD version, there is no option for view in finder and only the SD version is in the iTunes / Movies folder

So how come the HD version won't play on the Apple TV? I paid extra for that so I could watch on my Apple TV. And where is the HD version of the file on the iMac's hard drive?

Thanks

2. macrumors 6502

On the aTV, do you have "HD" selected in the Settings>General>iTunes Store>Video Resolution menu?

When I go to Computers>Movies or TV Shows, I see the HD movies I bought from iTunes listed with "HD" written next to them.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, I just checked that setting on the Apple TV and it's set to HD. It isn't showing up on my device at all. Just the iMac. I think I'll need to get onto Apple about it. Google isn't coming up with anything either.

4. macrumors 601

tbayrgs

Did you try using the Search function in Finder or Spotlight?

5. macrumors 6502

You might want to try downloading the new iTunes update. It claims to fix a problem with purchased HD content.