Where's my Leopard!?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by craigsharp@spym, Feb 20, 2007.

1. craigsharp@spym macrumors newbie

Over the past 3 weeks, i have found myself using my pc over my powerbook. I'm not sure why, but i have been tinkering with the Ubuntu Linux distrobution. I am currently using xp pro, but am very cautiously considering purchasing vista!?! The eye candy is quite beautiful (considering what windows has looked like). As far as the features, i'm not too sure if they are groundbreaking enough for the purchase. I don't like having to shell out 250 bucks as opposed to purchasing OSX. I need to hurry up and see Leopard so i can quickly put vista on the back burner! I know that leopard will be groundbreaking compared to vista, it's just that i have this new e6600 C2D 2.4ghz in my pc and i dont want it to go to waste. I had originally thought i might get a mini when they go to C2D so i could just swap it out, but now that i'm using windows again, i'm not so sure if i want to. I know that Mac is going to become much more popular than it has been, but right now i can get everything for my pc. I don't want to switch back, but it's nice to back on a machine that i grew up on. I guess i'm just rambling on, but I WANT LEOPARD, or at least to see it SOON!!!!!

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Awesome thread, because whining about how Leopard isn't out yet sure will make Apple release it sooner.

3. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

When the mini gets a C2D processor it will be of the Merom (laptop processor) variety ..your machine probably has the Conroe (desktop) chip in it so you won't be able to swap them out because the mini most likely wouldn't be up to the task of removing all of that extra heat.

Even the iMacs have Merom chips in them ...so what chance does a desktop processor have in the mini.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I'm beginning to wonder if the mini might just skip merom...

5. craigsharp@spym thread starter macrumors newbie

I just now remembered why i switched to a mac in the first place! Spyware and viruses that attack your system folder and wont let you boot into windows! this just happened today. even with norton and spysweeper! arghh
    That's what i get for doubting apple. Leopard, i guess i can wait a while longer.

6. macdude841x macrumors newbie

any idea

I am excited about Leopard and wonder if anyone has a clue as to it's release.

(That's the 64-thousand dollar question).

Think I'll have it by April?

7. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

don't use norton, try out avast or some other freeware that doesn't slow down your system:D

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

At least whine about something with a greater impact on your life ...

Like why the supermodels you keep trying to have a date with keep sending their bodyguards after your ass.

9. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

We can beat this friend.

1. Take a shovel
    2. Dig a hole in the ground (best to go to a woodland area)
    3. Get in hole
    4. Pull mound of earth over yourself.
    5. You have about 5 minutes of air .... use this time to have an epiphany regarding the futility of Vista
    6. Hope a passerby digs you out (this could be a problem if you headed for a secluded woodland).

Hope this helps,

MadDoc,

10. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

It will be released, as promised, in Spring 2007. And Christmas will be in December. Patience, friend, it won't be Spring for another month yet. It could be April, but it could also be June.

11. Joedy macrumors member

Easiest solution is to just hurry up and ...... wait.

-joedy

12. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Norton is fine, I use it on my PC and it hasn't slowed it down at all (apart from when scanning).

13. iShak macrumors 6502

you alright mate???

14. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

Much better for that

:)

Waiting for Leopard is very stressful. I may need a holiday

MadDoc,

15. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I'm sure you can buy a leopard somewhere, just got to have the right permits :D