wheres my phone support?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ecwyatt, Aug 10, 2006.

1. ecwyatt macrumors member

I tried looking for this but couldn't find another post so sorry if this has been covered.

After the recent WWDC Keynote I got to thinking about stuff they showed. That got me thinking about stuff the showed before. I remember a previous Keynote Steve was demoing address book and cellphone connectivity and he stated that your computer will be able to detect a call and dial the phone from address book. What happened to this Am I missing something?

I have a Motorola Razr v3 which according to Apple it is a supported phone.
    I can sync my phone and see it fine via bluetooth but the phone events don't work. Which is wierd cuz it works with my Palm T5. From Apple:
    So what am I missing?

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

iSync is responsible for the syncing (which you need to run manually - but it does "automatically" sync AB...).

When you open address book, the furthest right button should be a bluetooth button. To connect AB to your phone, you need to click it (the icon should glow blue). That will let you dial through AB and recieve incoming calls.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not in front of my Mac, but I think you have to click the bluetooth icon inside Address Book to make a persistent connection with the phone before this will happen.

Sorry to picture steal off Flickr... :p But this:

[​IMG]

Do you have an icon like that?