where's the device list in itunes now?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by txr0ckabilly, Aug 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

May 21, 2008
    Southwest Louisiana
    wednesday night i sat down in front of my imac (still running snow leopard). there were 9 available updates. i ran them all and now i'm having a few problems. mail will not connect to my mobileme account and i can't find my appletv 1st gen in the device list in itunes. in fact, i can't find the device list at all.

my atv 2nd gen finds itunes fine but will not stay connected. it will stop halfway through a movie and tell me that i need to turn home sharing on in itunes, even though it is on. to fix it, i have to turn home sharing off and back on again.

because i can't find the device list, i can't input the 5 digit code that my atv is telling me to put in. it seems like a big mess to me. i'm wondering if i should just update to lion and see if it fixes it all. i was kind of waiting 'til the first round of updates came out.

any suggestions? thanks.
  2. macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2011
    What your describing is pretty unusual. Have you unplugging all the devices (including your network) you've talked about, then waiting a couple of minutes and plugging them back in and trying again? I've found that is an essential early troubleshooting step.