Where's the G5 Dualies???

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Playfrsbee, Sep 15, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2002
    Its offficially 1 week until the newest revised ship dates will pass, and still no reports of anyone on this board getting a Dual G5. What's happening here, any updates for anyone?

I spoke with someone @ Apple regarding my education purchase, and the sales person said that mine would ship between the 15th and the 22nd. We'll see.

On the bright side, I was able to convince them to refund the $80 difference between the new price of the 20" Cinema Display and the price when I purchased it--3 MONTHS AGO ($1170 vs. $1250).

Please, someone hit me with good news.

2. macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I was at my local Apple Store on Saturday. They were expecting the Dual G5 to begin shipping this week!
  3. macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2003
    Apple will ship them when they are damn well ready to be shiped.

All good things in all good time.
  4. macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2003
    Mine is still shipping in 10 days, even though they charged me a week or two ago! As far as good news goes.....YOUR GETTING A G5, what more can you ask for?

5. macrumors regular

Aug 23, 2003

I'm just a little surprised that all of the 'rumor' sites don't have any rumors about what is causing the delay. It seems a non-event. Perhaps whatever caused the delay is old news?

Yet there are many people advocating a 'G5 Powerbook' --- they can't even get the desktop version out the door... I'm sure they will sell a G5 powerbook - in 12-15 months... (oops - I find a thread without a PB reference and soil it with one of my own!)