Where's the HPod?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macmaniac, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I wonder what is taking Apple and HP so long with the HPod, the 4th gens are already out, and know we are left to wonder if they will use the 3rd gen like the HP CEO showed a few months ago. Also does anyone know how far along HP is with loading iTunes onto all their new PCs?

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I just read something about it a couple days ago. I don't remember where though. Anyway, it's still on the way.

3. brevhead macrumors newbie

last i read it was due in september

are there any photos about?

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

HP did already say that they waited for the 4G iPods before bringing out the Hpod, which will be a 4G iPod, too. I don’t remember when they are to be released, but I think it was September with rumors that it will have something to do with the AppleExpo.

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I thought I remembered a top guy at Apple saying that the deal was regarding the 3G iPod. This was back when the deal was just announced. But he was specific that HP would be getting the 3G iPod, which I thought was an interesting distinction to make back then.

6. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

Last i heard it was supposed to come out this summer, but it is running out of time. I don't know why anyone would want to buy the hPod instead of the iPod unless they are priced lower, which won't happen

7. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

HP was going to release the 3G in July, but decided to wait for the 4G which resulted in pushing back the launch date to September. HP confirmed this at http://www.ipoding.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1851

8. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

9. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Presumably it's purely a branding issue--some people may want to have everything be hp branded.

Also, might there be software differences? For example, iSync won't do a PC user much good in its current form.

10. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Maybe the HPod will offer a 60GB model??!?!??!?! :eek:

11. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

What is with the 60GB rave?????
    When Toshiba introduced that they were supplying 60GB to Apple Computer, people went crazy about 60GB iPods.
    It is not happening anytime soon. There is just no market for it yet. Not too many people will shell out $500 for 60GB (yes people will buy it, but not enough to justify the sales by Apple)
    Also, it is highly likely that Apple is going to use that HDD for other stuff. After all it is 'Apple Computer". I read that they may go into that tablet Mac in Europe.

12. neut macrumors 68000

neut

this was before the 4G was public. it will be 4Gs and it will be released in Sept. HP blue of course. ;)

peace

carly's hPod speech

13. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

??????

Do about what?

14. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Just look at the link in the post i made earlier.. its relating to the technical support end of things, but should be a strong indication of when theyre hitting shelves...