Where's the iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nickelbackmac, Aug 27, 2006.

1. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

I've seen SO many posts/threads/pics/mockups/etc. about the forever-waited and loved iPhone, but it sits with no rumors for a while. Last I remember, it was a little after WWDC 2006, and titled "Steve Talks Up The iPhone?", of course, that was the latest rumor I've seen here at Macrumors. And it didn't make sense. How long are we going to wait for it to release? Meanwhile, feel free to post a mockup, I like them (and I'm about to post a "Post your iPhone mockups" thread in Photo Gallery, so you'll see it in a few. Ooh, and a poll if I can. I'm having fun.

2. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

September in Paris or next year, or whenever apple feels like it :D
    Its open to speculation, but nobody knows except the apple higher ups. And the last time we heard about it was like 2-3 weeks ago; people have had rumors about many products months before they came out...

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

the iPhone, like much of what is said here, is a rumor. it may never become a real product. what motivation does Apple have to introduce a cell phone when it is working with motorola to put iTunes on their phones? also, the idea of an iPhone does not fit in with Apple's current offerings. they are a computer company - not a phone company.

that said, i think it would be an interesting business move if Apple released an iPhone and even more interesting to see what service providers would do with said phone.

4. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

They should make their own provider, mac mobile :cool:

5. HGW macrumors member

do you think it will have voice over ip function and account paying strategy.

could we see ichat software comming to windows

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It will come when it's ready. I don't know what to tell you.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yep, it will be here.....eventually..... :p :D :)

8. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

9. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Like others have said, the iPhone is a RUMOR and may indeed never become a product. I don't think any speculations on the product release will be accurate. Sorry.:eek:

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Uhh, not to break your heart but none of us have any idea when or if (actually, we know that sometime or another they will release it) it will come out. It could be two years, it could come out next tuesday. Don't hold out for something that exists only because of sheer speculation. Bad way to live your life...

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Kinda like waiting for the PowerBook G5s to debut..... :D :)

12. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Its charging next to me, in its Dock, right here, honest :rolleyes:

But seriously, no one really knows, theres just speculation, and lots of it.

Apple will release it when they're ready - I wouldn't want it rushed, after what we've seen with recent products.