Where's the Mac mini mic? Or what do you want on Mac mini Rev B

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ChrisH3677, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ChrisH3677 macrumors 6502a

I don't get why Apple didn't include a mic jack on the mini.

All these switchers wanting to add narration to their iMovies or sing and play on their Garageband compositions are going to be stuffed. And then they'll bad mouth Apple.

Come on Apple. In revision B, give us audio in (as well as 512Mb)

What do other people want to see in Mac mini, Rev B?

2. brap macrumors 68000

I don't believe the eMac, or the iMac, and I know for sure that the iBook doesn't have audio in. There is no surprise here. If you're that desperate, buy an iMic!

3. ChrisH3677 thread starter macrumors 6502a

what's an iMic?

PS Just checked - eMac and iMac both have audio line in. But you are right about the iBook.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

They're made by Griffin Technologies. This is from their website.

"The iMic™ universal audio adapter is a USB device that adds stereo input and output to your Mac or PC. Connect virtually any microphone or sound input device to your iBook, PowerBook, PowerMac or other Mac or PC with a USB port. Yes, iMic supports both Mic level and line level input. It also supports line level output for connecting speakers or an external recording device."

go to http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/ if you want some more info.

5. brap macrumors 68000

Well, I just learned something today - Apparently, the FP iMac got a line in when it hit 1GHz. I'm sooooo... living in the past. :rolleyes: