Where's the rest of iLife?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by p0intblank, May 13, 2006.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Relating to my other PowerBook drive failure thread...

After the clean install of Tiger, I reinstalled the software on the system discs that came with my PowerBook. I mainly did this for iLife since I really need iPhoto back... but the problem is it isn't there. I chose the Restore All option, but it didn't install iPhoto or iMovie. GarageBand and iDVD installed just fine however. Thanks!

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i life is on the ilife dvd, it is not included in the system dics. if you brought your mac brand new it should have the dvd in your boxes.

3. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

I did buy my PowerBook brand new, but as far as I know the only discs that came with it were the two system discs.

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

hmm

if you got it brand new then the ilife suite comes with it (when exactly did you buy it) - if not go to the mac store and present your invoice of proof of purchase of the powerbook, say you cant find it or lost it - they may give u one free or discounted.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

New Macs come with iLife on the Restore DVDs (all mine in the last year and a bit have). The only time you are likely to get an iLife installer DVD is just after an iLife release as Apple have not had time to update the Restore DVDs.

You could try using Pacifist to install the missing parts of iLife...

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

whoops shows you how long its ben since i last bought my mac :) haha well i bought one abougt a little over a year ago but it wasnt for me and it came with a dvd sorry if i caused you some confusion