Where's the share large file feature??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Pay, iCloud, and other Apple Services' started by CaptSaltyJack, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

iDisk was supposed to have this feature where you can choose a file (on MobileMe web) and then share it with someone. When you click the file once there are two buttons "Share" and "Download," but I only see "Download." Is this feature not available yet??

2. macrumors member

This feature is not available yet; but it will be. You'll notice while browsing around MobileMe that some features described during the Guided Tour are not yet available.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

OK. Thanks man. MobileMe is still generally a bit quirky. I hope the kinks are worked out by next week.

4. macrumors 6502a

Poll Smoker

5. macrumors 601

it would be an interesting way to share music.....

6. macrumors member

I know! I really hope they didn't take this feature away! I was already a .mac subscriber anyway and this was the only new feature I was looking forward to. I really hope they still implement it.

7. macrumors G3

Kilamite

You can manually connect to your iDisk using Finder and upload files there. I've not tried uploading files to iDisk using the Me.com interface.

8. Guest

Potentially litigious too.

9. macrumors 68040

queshy

"Coming soon: Email large files.
    Soon a new feature in iDisk will make it simple to share files too big for email. iDisk will automatically send a message with a simple link. The recipient will just click the link to download the file." - Apple.com

10. macrumors 601

That's only been there since June!

11. macrumors 68040

queshy

lol. really? fail then, on Apple's part. We've also been waiting since September for "push" on iPhone. Guess that will never happen either.