Where's the share large file feature??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by CaptSaltyJack, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 28, 2007
    iDisk was supposed to have this feature where you can choose a file (on MobileMe web) and then share it with someone. When you click the file once there are two buttons "Share" and "Download," but I only see "Download." Is this feature not available yet??
  2. macrumors member

Apr 26, 2004
    This feature is not available yet; but it will be. You'll notice while browsing around MobileMe that some features described during the Guided Tour are not yet available.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 28, 2007
    OK. Thanks man. MobileMe is still generally a bit quirky. I hope the kinks are worked out by next week.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Poll Smoker

Jul 20, 2007
  5. macrumors 601

Jul 11, 2008
    it would be an interesting way to share music.....
  6. macrumors member

Oct 28, 2007
    I know! I really hope they didn't take this feature away! I was already a .mac subscriber anyway and this was the only new feature I was looking forward to. I really hope they still implement it.
  7. macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2007
    You can manually connect to your iDisk using Finder and upload files there. I've not tried uploading files to iDisk using the Me.com interface.
  8. Guest

Mar 13, 2008
    Potentially litigious too.
  9. macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005
    "Coming soon: Email large files.
    Soon a new feature in iDisk will make it simple to share files too big for email. iDisk will automatically send a message with a simple link. The recipient will just click the link to download the file." - Apple.com
  10. macrumors 601

Jan 16, 2008
    Bristol, UK
    That's only been there since June!
  11. macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005
    lol. really? fail then, on Apple's part. We've also been waiting since September for "push" on iPhone. Guess that will never happen either.