Which Airline do you like the most?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by benthewraith, Aug 2, 2006.

?

Which airline do you like?

1. Southwest

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. United

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Continental

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. JetBlue

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Delta

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  6. American

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  7. Song

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. AirTran

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Air Canada

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Virgin Atlantic

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  11. Air France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Lufthansa

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  13. LTU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. China Airlines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Japan Airlines

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  16. Northwest

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  17. Other

24 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Which airline do you like the most?

Due to many airline conversations, issues, etc, I'm curious as to which airline fellow MR users like to fly on.

Due to the hounding from others concerning the broadness of the "Other" selection and the inclusion of several major airlines, can you please post (politely of course), the airline you'd like to count your vote under)

Although not completely accurate due to the elimination of the Other column, I have counted all votes included in the statements, and included multiple selections (if one said Jetblue, Air New Zealand, and Qantas, such as iGary :).). These votes are post votes, as in People who casted votes in the posts. This helps a lot in getting a more fair poll. I wish I could go and add those, but you all have already voted.

I'll update this at 12:00 PM EDT

Airlines Post Votes

Southwest Airlines 0

Qantas 6

United 3

Continental 1

Delta 3

Northwest/KLM 0

American 2

Song 0

AirTran 0

Air Canada 1

Virgin Atlantic 2

Air France 0

LTU 0

China Airlines 0

Japan Airlines 2

British Airways 2

U.S. Airways 2

Air New Zealand 4

Singapore Airlines 5

Easyjet 1

American Eagle

American West

TWA 1

Sun Air 1

Emirates 1

Midwest 1

Korean 1

Asiana 1

Cathay Pacific 3

Hawaiin 1

Buzz 1

Go 1

2. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

3. imacintel macrumors 68000

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

JET BLUE BABY! they fly out of the little airport thats literally walking distance from my house,

Leather Seats

30 Channels of Direct TV in every seat

ooooohhh yeahhhhh

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

This seems a very parochial poll,there's a lot more major airlines than included here.

6. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

It's hard to say which airline I like best since I've never flown on all of them to be able to do a fair comparison, unless I was some rich business traveler. I'll just go with the one I fly the most, and it's not necessarily the one I like the best, but I wouldn't know that, would I? :cool:

7. iGary Guest

iGary

Transatlantic: Virgin, hands down.

U.S.: United or Jet Blue

Pacific: United/Air New Zealand/Qantas

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Do I have to pay for my ticket? Then Delta, only because they are better than SW (not by much) and are cheaper than everybody else.

Otherwise, I really have fallen in love with JB and Continental.

9. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

You HATE Southwest Airlines. :cool:

10. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I tend to fly Delta because that's what all my SkyMiles are on. Haven't flown much else.

11. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Good lad. :D

They do get good reviews though, and my younger sister used to be 1st class cabin crew for ANZ too so mebbe I'm biased.

I haven't flown much in recent years but have always been impressed with Singapore Airlines.

13. iGary Guest

iGary

They do a nice job, which is important when you are stuck in an aluminum can for 14 hours. :D Admitted I have never used any other airline to Auckland, but they seem good stuff. ;)

All Nippon Airlines to Japan fo sho.

14. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I fly United or some UAL partner whever i go. I should have enough miles fora vacation to Australia by October, YAY!

Ed

15. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I'm not American so I am exposed to more airlines than what is offered in this poll :rolleyes:

I prefer QANTAS, they have a proven safety record. I never fly Singapore Airlines anymore as the flight attendants are really ill mannered, and according to one ex-Singapore airline attendant I know they'll spit in your meal if you tick them off.

16. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

Long-haul has to be either Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines. . Everyone else is so bi-plane. Within Europe, Maersk. Transatlantic has to be Virgin (with the worst, IMO, being Air Canada - from where do they hire those ice-maidens? BA rejects? and Continental).

17. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

Air Canada is by far the worst airline on that list. The flight attendants are ALWAYS rude, and they charge to put you on standby!

18. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

My miles are with United, but where's EasyJet?

I'm flying from Nice to Tokyo next month on KLM, which will be my first time with them. Any good stories / horror stories ?

19. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Heres a list of all the airlines I've used that I can remember: American, TWA, Hawaiian, Aloha, Delta, KLM, American Eagle, America West, and Alitalia

Out of all of these probably about 90% of my travel has been with American though the airline that gave me the best service was probably Hawaiian. (American gets docked points because of their Bistro Bag idea from the late 90s).

20. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

For UK to USA, nothing beats Virgin Atlantic.

21. Queso macrumors G4

I like QANTAS, but the best airline ever was Sun Air down in South Africa. Every passenger got allocated two adjoining leather seats, all drinks were free and even served whilst the plane taxied, and the checking queues were always tiny. You had to pay, but God was is worth it.

Sadly, no longer with us. When the Rand fell through the floor, their costs went right up and they went bankrupt :(

22. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

For long flights (24 hours or so) ...

Emirates (although the Dubai hub has been a bit of a pain while the new terminal is being built)

Cathay

NEVER AGAIN ...

QANTAS International - they are nearly always arrogant and unnecessarily inflexible (Australian domestic is OK)

British Airways - same reason as QANTAS but done with funny accents

Virgin Blue (Australian domestic) - low service level but no cheaper than full service competitor (QANTAS domestic), leather seats

23. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

24. Lau Guest

I've only mainly flown on budget airlines – Easyjet and Ryanair, and the now obsolete Go and Buzz. For short flights, I'll take what's cheapest and what flies to the airport I need.

I've flown BA a couple of times in the UK, most recently the other weekend cause I had to. It was nice, definitely nicer than budget stuff. When I flew to New York it was on BA and that was nice too, although we were all a bit disappointed because it was originally going to be Virgin, and that sounded dead cool.

As none of these airlines feature in the poll, I voted other. :p But I suspect that a lot of the ones I've never flown are the coolest. I always feel a bit posh flying BA, so I rather fancy some of the really posh ones. :)

25. satty macrumors 6502

In earlier times I flew Air New Zealand; mainly to get to New Zealand. But since the "war on terror" harassment at LA airport, I was forced to change the route and so my new choice is Singapore Airlines. Very good service, hardly any transfer/stop over times in Singapore and a million times nicer transit area than LA.

So nowadays my main travel focus is more on Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, China last January and hopefully Singapore, China, North Korea and Tibet in October).