Which Apple Keyboard you like the most?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Joeytpg, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

i Like the old apple keyboards better (the black ones that had the USB ports on the sides) i believe they came with the G3 powermac and G3 imacs

i have an iMac G5 (isight imac) and even though i use the apple keyboard, i don't really dig it that much. Being white makes it look dirtier faster, and it doesn't feel too soft.

What's the dif between those G3 keyboards and the current ones? could i buy one of those from ebay and use it with my iMac G5 w/ Tiger?

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I like the one I use at work and on my old machines at home -

[​IMG]

The white ones which came with my iMacs are the best, though.

3. Angrist macrumors 6502

Ah ... and ADB Extended II ... Damn I miss that thing.
    Best keyboard EVER

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i love the keyboard on the MacBook. It works just as i want it to. I don't really like the other Apple keyboards, though. They are a bit too stiff and noisy.

Yes, the G3 keyboard will work with your iMac :)

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i'm quite content with my Apple BT keyboard and the one built into my MBP (although i don't have much choice there).

6. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

that's what i feel. I like Notebooks keyboards a lot more than desktop, and i was wondering if the iMac G3 keyboard is softer than the current ones, because i tried one once and even though it was not "notebook soft" it was a lot softer and less stiff than the current :apple: keyboards (desktops)

7. marco114 macrumors 6502

marco114

old keyboards that rocked

The old Apple //e keyboards rocked. They were solid and made that clackity-clack and I could type 80+ wpm on it. The first Mac 128k keyboards were pretty good. Nothing beats an old IBM PC keyboard from the late 80s.

[​IMG]

The Apple Extended Keyboard 2 was pretty nice. They were nice and solid (they were beige). Since then, I don't think any computer manufacturer has made a decent keyboard. Those old keyboards were like $200+ so nowadays, it's hard to compete with $15 keyboard. Anyways.

[​IMG]

marc

8. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I love my Apple BT Keyboard it took me awhile to get used to it though. It's a little different than regular ole pc keyboards.

9. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

The best keyboard I've ever used was the Apple Pro Keyboard.

prokeyboard1.jpg

10. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

did that come with the Performa 6400 by chance?

11. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

I like my bluetooth Apple keyboard, but actually prefer to type on my MBP's keyboard.

12. Angrist macrumors 6502

I think so ... One came with our PowerMac 6400 (basically a re-badged Performa) way back in ... 96-97 I guess.

I've actually considered getting an ADB-USB adapter so that I could use that killer keyboard again. Great mechanical keyswitch feel, good resounding clack, horribly annoying to anyone thats not actually doing the typing on it :)

13. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

Where can i buy that keyboard??? (NEW?)

14. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

That's the keyboard I use...and I love it to death. The new white ones feel cheaper and they get dirty very easily.

Joeytpg: I'm sure you can find them on ebay for really cheap. They came with old powermacs in the late 90's early 2000s.

15. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I love the current Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. It feels nice to type on, and it doesn't take up a single inch more space than it has to.