which bag should I buy for my new 17" pb?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wkw, Mar 17, 2005.

1. wkw macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2004
    Eugene, OR
    I am torn between the axio and the brenthaven. What do you guys think? Also, I have a $100 customer service credit to spend at the Apple Store so either one will be quite cheap for me.
    btw, this new pb is DOPE. I was gonna sell it cuz its so huge but now I am in luv with its hugeness.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    I've got the Brenthaven backpack, it's very good, the PB is well protected and the removable sleeve is very useful, there are tons of pockets and compartments and the straps are well padded.

Overall the best bag I've used.

The only letdown ia that it doesn't look as funky as soome bags, but I like a bag to say "bag" not "Please mug me". :D
  3. Pismo macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2002
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    At the Apple Store four employees recommended the Brenthaven and said that they did not have them in stock. Three others recommended the Timbuk2 Commute for the 15" PB and also the 17" PB. What sealed the deal is that the people using the Brenthaven said that they fit the PB and a couple of things, but not a binder, PB, and a textbook. I had them demo it for me and honestly I have to disagree, I think a textbook can fit in there, but the Timbuk2 was nice looking. It is fun looking and I just kind of think it's the better fit for me.

HOWEVER, BE AWARE. The Timbuk2 is $100 and DOES NOT come with a padded strap. For me this is 100% unacceptable. I had to order one for $10 and $6 shipping. It was quite annoying, but I love the bag. In the meantime I'm using an older strap until this one comes in. Also, if you care, the back of the laptop bag is super sweet!

Good luck.