Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which browser do you use??

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Netscape

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • OmniWeb

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
omniweb because it rox

it has nice font rendering and makes everything look good

although i do wish some javascript would work... and i wish macromedia would install plugins for it instead of forcing me to do it manually (minor complaint, but a complaint no less)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
As much as I hate MS, I still think they have the best browser available. I've tried iCab, Mozilla, Netscape, Chimera and they all are either slow, or incomplete.

I do a lot of web work, so it's important to have a browser that meets most of the W3C standards. Right now IE is it for me.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by mac15
what do you mean 1337
Rower_CPU is right - it's hacker speak, if that's what you want to call it...

Anyway, 900|) ||_|(|< 1f `/0|_| <@|\| |_|/|/|)3|257@|\||) 7|-||5. `/0|_| |>|20|348|`/ \^/|11 h4/3 4 |-|3|_|_ 0f @ 7||\/|3 7|2`/||\|9 +0 |)0 50 |33(@|_|53 `/0|_| @|23 |\|07 4|\| 1337 h4X0r 1||<3 |\/|3!

:D :D :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I have been using Netscape 6.2.1 for a while. It works fast under dial-up.

I plan to still use Netscape after the switch to Cable.

PCUser

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2002
Translation:

"Good luck if you can understand this. You probably have a hell of a time trying to do so because you are not an elite hacker like me!"

Hopefully, that craze of mangling the English language will die off.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by PCUser
Translation:

"Good luck if you can understand this. You probably have a hell of a time trying to do so because you are not an elite hacker like me!"

Hopefully, that craze of mangling the English language will die off.
Close. :)

And you're right. Mangling the English language is crazy, it's already mangled enough! English is whacky.

macfreek57

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
internet explorer (only for os x) is one of the 3 good programs to ever come from microsoft. that, windows98 (which i guess is not really a 'program'), and Age of Empires (the first one).
i never liked ie before this version although it does have it's down sides: only superficial stuff like when you open the download manager (wich is awesome and that's where netscape dies) it won't scroll to the bottom automatically.
netscape for X is dumb and slow (since the AOL people got a hold of it and made it crap)
omniweb is great except for the all-too-oftem crashes and the fact that the status animated icon is not big or noticable enough. i need to be able to see out of the corner of my eye if a page is loading. the download manager is a little clunky.
iCab i haven't tried much but it seems like nothing special.

i need to run my messages through stuffit before posting them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.