which BT mouse to buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by guava, Sep 7, 2005.

1. guava macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm a proud owner of a 12 inch iBook for about 2 weeks now and I really want to buy a BT mouse because the trackpad isn't that handy when you're used of using an ordinary mouse all the time. I definetely don't want a wireless USB mouse because they all have these external usb recievers. The apple bluetooth mouse isn't an option to me because it only has one button. I've seen the Mouse in a bluetooth version at my apple retailer but i don't know if it's a good mouse. I've also seen the Logitech MX 900. Which mouse is the best option to buy and can you also tell me why please?

Sincerely Yours

2. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

3. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

There are lots of threads on that topic, e.g. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=137421&highlight=mouse .
    I myself got the Microsoft Bluetooth Wireless Intellimouse Explorer, which, though not officially supported for Macs, works fine for me (though you don't get any information on the battery status etc. since there's no OS X driver). Furthermore, the wheel is a bit jumpy, i.e. doesn't scroll smooth.

4. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

In addition to looking through the previous threads, I just saw that logitech was introducing some new bluetooth mice (V something or other). I think they may even have OS X drivers (others have complained about lack of drivers, which may lead to feeling of lag).