Which BT Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BenAKL, May 21, 2005.

1. BenAKL macrumors member

BenAKL

Am getting a 20" iMac. I'll be getting an Apple BT wireless keyboard, but I wanna get a BT mouse as well but not the Apple one because it only has one button. (PS - Apple! If you are reading this, PLEASE PLEASE make a two button mouse with a scroll! :D )

Any recommendations?

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

apple one - anything else will look out of place - you'll haver docking stations and whatnot all over the place!
    The apple one performs well too.

Sorry no other advice - have used a Apple BT mouse for a while now and love it!
    But:
    http://www.dvforge.com/themousebt.shtml
    may fit in no apple symbol though :( :p

3. BenAKL thread starter macrumors member

BenAKL

Thanks! No docking stations here :D BT built-in on the 20" iMac

Gonna love it!

4. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I bought The Mouse BT and ugh, sold it a few days later. It felt entirely cheap and very odd. Had several connection problems, too. I bought the Apple BT mouse and never looked back. Right clicking is overrated.

5. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Give the apple mouse a go, like the poster above stated right clicking is overrated. Besides i love the authentic feel and look of the apple.

6. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Apple Mouse!

after switching from a PC sometime ago, I was surprised how much you need to right click in Windows. I hardly have to right click at all, If you want to right click hold down ctrl and then click the mouse button, I don't even have to think about it now!

7. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

I meant on the mouse end! For example logitek insist on having a docking station that messes up the BT built into the Mac.
    [image]http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/855.gif[/image]

8. BenAKL thread starter macrumors member

BenAKL

Gotcha!

I'll give the Apple BT mouse a go. I'm sure I'll get used to the "right click" :D

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Bluetake BT 510

Bluetake BT 500

The BT 500 is tiny, so the BT 510 may be the better option if you're using it full time. Its tiny because the idea is that your BT mouse is going to be taken a lot of different places, but if you're only using it at home, it can be trouble.

Anyway, its supposed to be a good mouse, and they have an on/off switch and everything!

10. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Both links point to same place.
    BTW that mouse (510) looks like a pair of butt-cheeks!

11. Ringu macrumors member

I use a BT500 with my PB. Works great, although battery life isn't that good - I'm a heavy user. Recommended.

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

its alot easier to push the whole mouse instead of the top left half of the mouse.
    :p I love the apple mouse, i only use my MX510 when i'm in PS or FCE and its conveinent to have a right click other then that...Is all apple. Once you get used to not right clicking its fine.