Which case, that is the question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by virtual, Mar 7, 2007.

1. virtual macrumors member

Hello,

I would like to buy a case for my 13.3" Macbook, have looked through hundreds (well, a lot anyways) of sites and have only really seen two that I liked. They are:

http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Marware.woa/5/wa/selectedCategory?catalogCatID=222

http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-i-black.html

I live in England, so the Brenthaven case would come much quicker being situated in England, but is about £5-10 more.

I don't wish to transport anything else in the case, so would be nice if it is as snug as a bug in a rug. So two questions really, 1) anyone ever owned one of the two above bags, and 2) does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives that look like the two cases posted above?

2. virtual thread starter macrumors member

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

[​IMG]

You can thank me by cash or by check. I also accept PayPal.

4. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

I can't say anything about the marware case, but the brenthaven case has no where to store your power adapter. Someone I work with bought it, it's real nice, fits his macbook real snug, but he had to buy a small bag (i think it might be a case for glasses) to snap on to the strap for his AC adapter.

5. virtual thread starter macrumors member

Don't go patting yourself on the back just yet.

I did a search before I posted which didn't bring up anything spectacular. A search for Malware tends to bring up the protective shield, alas.

A search doesn't solve everything, look at my #2 point for example.

I do not need to transport the lead, will only be taking it to and from university for my final year so the 4hr odd battery life will be ample.

6. t1937r0 macrumors 6502a

Was This one of them? I have one of these, and I really like it.

7. virtual thread starter macrumors member

:rolleyes:

8. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

So when you clicked on this link:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=79073

and you saw all the cases there, what exactly popped in to your head?

Was it:
    a) Oh, thats a lot of manufacturers who have lots of cases, and I could surely do a search on the forums for ones I find that interest me to learn more!

or

b) I'd better not even click on these links, because posting a snide comment or stupid smiley is totally better than getting off my duff and doing some research!

Vote!

9. virtual thread starter macrumors member

I vote c), which is:

That thread, and the MR guide being two main sources of case sites I looked into.

Seriously, read what the poster writes. Don't just think, "OMG, he wants to know about cases.. cases have been discussed before... search the forums!!!". Some questions require more knowledge than can be gained through a search, such as, for the third time, original question #2.