Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

violetjune

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I'm seeing so many nice cases. I've gone with my tried and true that have always worked well: Symmetry, Speck, and Incipio.

I'm lusting after a Kate Spade but I don't know if it will fit.

Hey there stranger, Kate Spade cases are so pretty but very slippery. I'm still using my Sonix case on my RG iPhone. So gorgeous
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445219091.613861.jpg

Reactions: Qbnkelt

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
My daughter and I were out today and went to our local Best Buy. I saw the new updated 6s + Otterbox symmetry case. Far superior to last years model. New internal shock absorption design, tighter fit tot the phone and overall lighter. Purchased the black for my SG 6s+. Very nice indeed

Did you have a link to this?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
How long did it take you to receive the case? I'm so spoiled with Amazon prime shipping that I might lose interest waiting weeks for a case to arrive!
It wasn't all that long - maybe a week. I hear you - with Amazon Prime it's just plain annoying to have to wait more than 2 days for those that don't have it.

violetjune

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Did you already order this? I'm having 2nd thoughts. The sides are already starting to show some faint yellowing. Stinking TPU. I'm really disappointed.
I almost pulled the trigger until I saw the estimated delivery time would be between Nov 19 - dec 10. I said no way. So I'm going to try the spigen airskin. It arrives tomorrow . So we'll see how it goes...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445475224.692942.jpg

Alex_89

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
I almost pulled the trigger until I saw the estimated delivery time would be between Nov 19 - dec 10. I said no way. So I'm going to try the spigen airskin. It arrives tomorrow . So we'll see how it goes... View attachment 594590

The Airskin looks awesome, BUT it gets scratched very easily, I got one myself and I've already bought a replacement because I don't like to see all those scratches. Furthermore, there's dirt in the top of the phone.

I will try the Ringke Slim now, any thoughts about it? Here the link: http://www.ringke.com/site/brand.php?id=1&item=85

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
My iPhone 6s Plus (Space Grey - 128Gb) is protected with 3M clear carbon fiber skin and I am using 2 leather sleeves.

1) Kavaj Brown Color
2) Joli Originals Grey Smooth Leather Sleeve

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 173

violetjune

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2014
Sacramento, CA
The Airskin looks awesome, BUT it gets scratched very easily, I got one myself and I've already bought a replacement because I don't like to see all those scratches. Furthermore, there's dirt in the top of the phone.

I will try the Ringke Slim now, any thoughts about it? Here the link: http://www.ringke.com/site/brand.php?id=1&item=85

Yeah, I though I read somewhere on here about scratching. The case arrived this morning at home and I will go home for lunch/case switch and see how it looks. Let me know how the Ringke case is when you use it for a couple days.:)

Alex_89

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
Yeah, I though I read somewhere on here about scratching. The case arrived this morning at home and I will go home for lunch/case switch and see how it looks. Let me know how the Ringke case is when you use it for a couple days.:)

I've just got the Ringke Slim :D :D

It looks great to be honest, I might say that I like it more than the Spigen Airskin.

It is everything I was looking for:

- Camera protection? check
- More grip that caseless? check
- Covers the front of the phone so I can leave it face down? check
- Doesn't add much bulk? check
- Keeps the style of the phone? check

It feels more comfortable than the Spigen one when I rest the phone on my little finger, it doesn't scratch and hurt.

Let's see this next days, but it looks good.... and... 10€!!

Some pics down here (I don't get why the quality sucks that much, I made them with an iPhone 5s...):

IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0239.JPG

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I've just got the Ringke Slim :D :D

It feels more comfortable than the Spigen one when I rest the phone on my little finger, it doesn't scratch and hurt.

OK, I thought I was the only one annoyed by this. I support my phone at the bottom with my little finger, and I hate cases that rough it up! I like the Apple silicone cases because the bottom is open and the phone itself is smooth on the inside of my little finger, where it supports the phone. However, I wanted a crystal clear case because I love to see the rose gold phone. I like the protection of my Spigen Capsule, but the cutouts around the charging port are sharp, and not comfy on my little finger. The Ringke Slim looks just like my Spigen Capsule - if you say the ports are smoother, I might give it a try!!

Alex_89

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
The Ringke Slim looks just like my Spigen Capsule - if you say the ports are smoother, I might give it a try!!

Sure give it a try :)

the only thing that "bothers" me is that being a clear case you can see a little bit of dirt close to the edges, inside the phone... but it's not a big deal.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Surprised I've NEVER heard of this case since I've been on these forums pretty much constantly since the iPhone 4. It must be new. I'm pretty impressed. Good grip on the sides, transparent matte clear back and all while remaining as thin as my silicone case. Incipio Octane is the name. Check it out. Even fits with my daswise full protection glass screen protector will a little bit of lip to spare so I don't scratch up the matte clear back. We'll see how it holds up. I'm pretty picky about cases but I wanted something that showed off the back of the phone.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 214
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 196

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I just received the Apple midnight blue leather case for my 6S Plus today. I LOVE this case! It looks really sharp on the White Silver and it feels great in the hand. I was a little unsure about having a case that is open at the bottom. However, that changed the second I put it on. :)

Reactions: danny8200

cheesyappleuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Portugal
I've been using the Incipio NGP for a while. No issues whatsoever with the fit, and it works well with a full-screen glass protector (only when I press the lock button it bumps the glass).
I also got the DualPro and the TA Tech. Whereas the TA puts quite a bit of pressure on the glass (something that probably won't happen with the 6), even though it sort of works, I believe I would have serious trouble (i.e. broken glass protector) if I were to remove my DualPro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.