Which cell phone?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Neil4512, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Neil4512 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I was wondering which cell phone(s) do the best job of syncing with a mac, address book, ical, etc.

If anyone has recommendations of phones availble from Canadian mobile providers, that would be great.

Thanks

Neil

2. lieb39 macrumors 6502

lieb39

Whatever you get, make sure it works 100% by checking out a few sites (Google) because I ended up getting a Samsung z500.. and nothing. Really disappointed.

Cheers,

lieb39

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

You should look into a Sony Ericsson, probably there k750i its a great phone and works great in syncing with OS X,

SHadoW

4. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

sony ericsson seems to work well, my motorola V3 Razr doesn't work that well at all, but its gorgeous...super thin

5. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

6. koswo macrumors member

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Note that there are phones not on the official list which work well also - my Nokia 9500 Communicator (for example) syncs perfectly after one alteration to a text file in the iSync app.

I think it's most important to decide what features you need in a phone, then to verify iSync compliance with the phones in that category.

What do you want to do? How much can you spend? Is Internet connectivity important? Web browsing? Is size the primary issue? Once you decide what sort of phone you want, it'll be easier to decide which one is best in terms of Mac connectivity.

9. Neil4512 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the replies

I'd say size is important, and I wouldn't really want to spend more than 300$ but if you sign a contract that makes most phones available. I don't really surf the internet on my cell, but I would like to be able to check/send email. I guess it's also imporant that the phone be visually appealing.

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

if size is important then i would sugest RAZR or SLVR (if that is how they spell it o_O)

11. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I use the Razr V3 through Rogers up here in Canada, and it couldn't sync any easier with OSX.

I had to buy a seperate bluetooth D-linik thingy cuz the powermacs don't come with the Bluetooth "antenna"

but other than that it's really easy. Great phone. Only drawback is that the amazing app "sailing clicker" doesn't support the Razr.

12. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I thought you couldn't use the quote tags in ur sig anymore quigleybc?

13. Max on Macs macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

With a really simple hack which can be found on this forum the Nokia N70 works brilliantly and is a very good phone.