Which Cellphone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Johnbmx26, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Johnbmx26 macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2004
    I'm pretty sure their are a few cell phone threads, but I'm in need of help picking the perfect phone for myself. I've been using Verizon, and I'd really like to stick with it. The new LG VX9800 really caught my eye.. Really similar the sidekick. but I was wondering if I could save any money.. I don't need some of the features..

What I Need
    web browsing - I used a friends sidekick 2 and it was great to be surfing the net anywhere really.. Also the AIM feature is great.

mp3 player - My 3G Ipod freezes like crazy and I'm really sick of it.. and I sort of hate carrying it around.. I don't need that many songs with me so a phone with one of those memory stick slots and a mp3 player would be awesome.

Don't Need
    Camera - It'd be nice to have one but, eh, if I could save money by not having one, I could live without it. Quality isnt that great anyways..

Keyboard - The LG VX9800 has this (full keyboard) and it looks alright. OK size, but again, if I can save money on one without it that'd be cool. It'd be nice to have a normal sized phone. I wouldn't mind using a regular keypad.. (I hear the LG VX9800 is a bit bulky, but it's not Sidekick size)

Anyone have an LG VX9800? I've heard it's quite expensive to use all the futures with verizons service..

2. JMGvtec03 macrumors member

Oct 31, 2005
    I have seen a couple of them, I think personally they are too big... You may think about the e815... it has a transflash slot so you can expand them memory and listen to more MP3s...