iPad mini Which color is the best?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Urindanger, Nov 15, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi there! I've had trouble getting the black ipad minis that are scratched directly from the box. Now have the ability to change color if I want to! Is the white model is better if you keep in mind that there must be no scratches straight from the box? So which color is the best?

2. macrumors 68000

I like the white one only cos it will look better for reading iBooks, but I normally go with black bezels because of the focus it gives to the content

3. macrumors regular

What he said ^^black makes movies and content hide the black bezel might be a little more noticeable on the white but these whites are sold out everywhere..and some d bag stole 1.5 million $$ worth of iPad minis from the same terminal as the Lufthansa heist at JFK airport from the movie goodfellas

4. thread starter macrumors member

is the white more scratched-friendly?

5. macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I have a white one on order, waiting for it to ship. I was convinced that was what I wanted. Then I was able to reserve a black one at my local Apple Store, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the order for the white one. The black one I purchased had no scratches whatsoever.

I have a white iPhone and while I like the look of it, I do occasionally find the bright white to be a distraction. Overall I like the look of the white iPad better than the black one, and it might hide damage a little better, but I think once I get it I'll have the same problem, with the bezel pulling focus away from the content.

6. macrumors member

caoimhe

I also ordered a white one because I intended to read on it, but when I saw them in person I preferred the black. There wasn't a scratch on mine, and still isn't nearly two weeks later despite not babying it.

7. macrumors 6502

white

8. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I prefer black. That said, it is highly subjective to which is best.

9. macrumors 68000

Shadowbech

I prefer White over the Black.

10. macrumors 6502a

In the end, they're both the same iPad. Personally, I like white better, but I got a black one because I didn't have to wait until next month for it. The black one shows fingerprints more. As for scratches, they're both glass and metal and both will show scratches. Deep scratches will probably show more on the black one because its only black on the surface. But if you treat it well, you shouldn't have any problem.

Got my black iPhone 5 a week after launch and there are no scratches on it.

11. macrumors 68040

I haven't even seen the white one and I jumped on the black as soon as I saw this work of art. Beauty is in the eye of the holder. No scratches, marks, anything on mine yet at least.

12. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The color is the one you want ;)

Its completely up to you, I prefer the black so that's the one I have. Get the color you like the most

13. macrumors regular

Tokes Green

This.

I prefer the black, my partner prefers the white one - choose which ever one you find most appealing, and enjoy!

14. macrumors 6502

I prefer the white. Back in the day I had a black iPad 1, the mirror like surface of the black drove me bonkers. I switched to white when I bought the iPad 3. It's the same finish but the colour acts less like a mirror.

15. macrumors 6502a

I've got a white iphone and iPad2 so this time I decided to go for the black mini.

Don't want to order online so have been trying to get a black 16gb from both my local Apple store for a couple of weeks now. Mostly they have zero in stock or only the 64gb versions.

Couple of days ago they had one 32gb white left so I took it. Probably the better size than a 16gb and I now quite like the white mini. I have ordered a red TPU back for it same as I have for my iPad2. Far too slippy to use naked!

16. macrumors newbie

I feel white is cool.... Most of the apple products i have are white in color...

May be apple likes white as they have most of their accessories in white ;)

17. macrumors 601

ActionableMango

Definitely the red model is the best.

It makes one really stand out from all the sheep that buy black or white.

18. macrumors G3

The best color is the one you like the most.

19. macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I got the blue one, so it's best, ;-)