Which company would you like to work for? Why?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by YS2003, Dec 24, 2006.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

This thread is not for everyone. Some people hate to work for someone else (i.e.. self-employed). But, many people actually work for someone for living. So, let's not waste this thread/band width by posting you work for yourself.

I'm interested in working for Apple, Google, Adobe, UPS, Cisco, Toyota, or Honda in the marketing/sales fields. They are well established business in the world with solid brand name and have been market leaders in their markets. Typically market leaders tend to have resources available to make it to the top (even though there is never a guarantee of it happening).

2. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

[​IMG]

Why? Because I luv their product. If I had that job, I would never want to go home. They'd have to drag me out of there. :)

3. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

For the AP shooting pictures. Or Reuters or AFP. Possibly Getty. Mostly because their pictures show up in some of the biggest papers and on the biggest websites around the world. Also, they have big budgets, which means I would be sent all over, as opposed to a local paper which would just have me shooting around town.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

GM, Ford, Apple, Boeing, or Northrop Grumman. Mainly GM and Ford so I can help with whatever possible to get them turnaround and in the black.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

NBC, ABC, CBS, NY rangers, Boston Bruins, any major movie studio :D (i'm a TV major) or apple for marketing stuff or maybe FCS stuff...

6. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

7. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I currently work for an Apple reseller and while it's not Apple, I love it. So far I make minimum wage and work like a dog but you know what? I couldn't be any happier. Me and 3 of the biggest nerds ever have a great time every day and I couldn't ask for anything more in a job.

I could work as a "lowly" salesperson at this tiny little store for the rest of my life for next to nothing, live in a shack, have my girl by my side [if she doesn't dump me for being a broke fool] and I'd be happy. :p

8. imacintel macrumors 68000

9. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

no kindbud or booze?

10. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Good for you, as long as you are happy with your position. I know I cannot work for a minimum wage even if the position is the president of the country. I value money too much:D. So, I don't want to join the companies who are sinking (such as Ford, GM, AOL, major media companies and others).

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Golden (They make acrylic paints.)
    Google.
    Apple.

-Google for some sort of stability and because it's pretty nearby.
    -Apple because I like Apple's products, would love the discounts, and love the location. And I love the gear that they sell at the Company Store. :p

12. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Apple .... I wish I had alternatives but that's about it...:rolleyes:

13. maczealot macrumors newbie

14. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Anything like that I'd do on my own time, business and pleasure do not mix. But if I did have a choice it would be answer C: sex.

15. Silentwave macrumors 68000

Apple, Intel, Nikon, CNN, Time/Newsweek, Sports Illustrated, or National Geographic

16. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

17. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Running a Guitar Center.

I love music, I love instruments. Would be sweet to check out and play with the new gear that comes in every month. :cool:

If not Guitar Center, then how about The Dallas Morning News. It is a crummy newspaper and I cringe every time I pick it up. Seems like a fixer-upper to me and it would be sweet if I were calling the shots. :D

18. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

19. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I work for the government and get to slack off all day. Bliss! :D

20. Santeh macrumors member

For myself, I would like to work for NASA. I was offered a job with the organization a few years ago, but in the end it did not work out. As such I am trying again... Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Always...

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Id like to be the star of say the Denver Nuggets or Atlanta Hawks! but seriously more like Lockheed Martin, Toyota, a Formula One team, or the Department of Defense. All being engineer type jobs that is

22. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

genentech

id love to change the world with that

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Apple.

Quite simply because without them, I would still probably be working in the restaurant biz. Their products got me interested in graphics and art direction. I would not be in the advertising world had it not been for them.

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Doing what I do (design) for either: Amnesty International or Shelter

25. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Any big investment firm. Goldman Sachs, Schwab, JP Morgan, etc.

Pretty much any tech company, in the corporate finance part of it.

OR
    For myself.. as a cake decorator.. as soon as I take classes and can do it well. :)