Which computer do yall think would be right for this?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by NusuniAdmin, Jun 21, 2004.

1. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Which computer would be good for this.

#1 i want to it come with panther (hence a new computer)

#2 I want it to be able to boot into mac os 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 because i need all 3 oses to test my programs that i write. If i get any computer other than the powermac g4 i will have to use my current computer as well as the new one

#3 I'd like it to be in a single case (hence getting a g4 since it does the first two things).

i am really looking at the g4. Speed and ram and all that good stuff is not much of a priority..

The main thing is can any other computers on the current lineup run 10.1 10.2 and 10.3 other than the powermac g4. I think the emac might but i cant find any docs stating the min. os.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You want a computer that was introduced during or before the MacOS X 10.1 era. The 1.25 GHz PowerMac G4 (Mirror Double-Doors) fills that bill. All other currently shipping Apple computers were introduced later. There is, however, one other possibility. The eMac G4 (ATI Graphics) booted MacOS 9.2.2 when released last year. Although I have no record of a newer eMac, neither do I know if the current model eMac can boot into MacOS 9.2.2 or MacOS X 10.1.

3. NusuniAdmin thread starter macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

OK thnx