Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
whete should I go?

I'm with @Apple fanboy below.

A bit more about your interest and preferences, - do you like adventure, or relaxing on holiday? Does spectacular scenery do it for you, or doe you prefer cities? As for activities, would you prefer to do things, or are you someone to chill by a pool? What about history and culture - do you like old cities? Or prefer the countryside as 'real' and 'uncontaminated'? Or some sort of mix? Will you be travelling alone, with someone, or in a group? What are you interested in?

And @Apple fanboy's questions are good ones, too. How long do you plan to be away? What is you budget?

If you were to provide a little more detail, you might get more informative answers.
What are you planning to do on your visit?
How long will you be going away for?
Where do you actually live?
What's the budget?

Good questions, agreed.
Falkland islands, very safe.

And very remote, and very, very boring….

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have always been rather keen on France, myself.

But, perhaps, it may not be a good idea to visit there over the coming weeks.

The Netherlands is great, and I rather like Belgium. And Italy is simply sublime.

Austria and Germany have their charm, and the Dalmatian coast of the Balkans is stunning.

Reactions: filmbufs and C.O.T

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Shimla
Prague
Anchorage
Vancouver
Montreal
Lyon
Durban
Marrakech
Barcelona
Kyoto
Guadalupe
Istanbul
Reykjavik
Portland (Oregon)

To suggest a few...

(And yes I know those are cities.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Have you ever traveled outside the US before? If so would you prefer something completely new, or something similar to where you've been? There are many places that would be fascinating to see, but as other people have said we need to know more about what your interests and budget are to be able to give a good recommendation.

c8rlo

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2015
FL
Spain and Greece are best during the tourist season to fully experience what they have to offer, not as fun during the slow season unless you plan on colder climate for some skiing; etc...

C.O.T

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2015
Dublin, Ireland
I have always been rather keen on France, myself.

But, perhaps, it may not be a good idea to visit there over the coming weeks.

The Netherlands is great, and I rather like Belgium. And Italy is simply sublime.

Austria and Germany have their charm, and the Dalmatian coast of the Balkans is stunning.

I have to say Italy is my favourite country that I have visited so far. I went to Rome. The sites, people, weather and especially the food is amazing!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I hear the British are good to hang around :)

...or better yet come to Australia and see our funny accents.. :p (if you've ever seen a US person imitate a good old Australian accent u'll know what i'm talking about)

Reactions: OLDCODGER

whodatrr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2004
Yemen.

Once you arrive, the Houthis, Islah, and the al-Qaeda insurgency will just about fall over themselves, competing to show you their brand of hospitality.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It is almost summer in the Southern hemisphere.;)

To be honest, Antarctica strikes me as the sort of place that would present an unseasonal challenge irrespective of when one paid the continent a visit. While I'd class myself as pretty widely travelled, this is not one destination that is on my list of places to visit.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I'm with @Apple fanboy below.

A bit more about your interest and preferences, - do you like adventure, or relaxing on holiday? Does spectacular scenery do it for you, or doe you prefer cities? As for activities, would you prefer to do things, or are you someone to chill by a pool? What about history and culture - do you like old cities? Or prefer the countryside as 'real' and 'uncontaminated'? Or some sort of mix? Will you be travelling alone, with someone, or in a group? What are you interested in?

And @Apple fanboy's questions are good ones, too. How long do you plan to be away? What is you budget?

Good questions, agreed.

And very remote, and very, very boring….
We have two colleagues at work who go quite often to support the military out there.
The work doesn't take that long, but waiting for the return flight leaves them plenty of time.
Other than some birding, and photography the only other thing to do is hang out in the subsidised bar!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.