Which country would you like to move to?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by YS2003, Jul 4, 2006.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

If there are no immigration obstacles, which country would you rather move to? I am here in USA; but, I am not sure if I stay here after I fulfill my 10 years of work life here (this country's minimum number of working years to get some type of social security payment after retirement is 10 years; I am so close to it and I don't want to leave my money on the table if I leave).

I like the country with very low tax rate with reasonable public safety, if that ever exists. I like the wide open area where I don't even get bothered with neighbors. Australia is an intriguing choice for me (even though I heard Apple's service there is less than stellar compared to USA and other parts of the world). I would like to hear which country you would like to move. Of course, you can pick your current place as the best place.

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

U. S. A. U. S. A.

After that, I dunno, maybe Costa Rica.

4. RedBull17 macrumors member

As crazy as it may seem but I would choose the US :)

Wanna know why?...

Well, first of all, I live in Chile, South America. Chile is a great country, as closer as the US way of living as you might find in South America (Full of Starbucks, Golf Courses, Skiing , etc :p ), plus inflation is almost none compared to other South American countries.

The good thing, about living in the US (and perhaps, you US citizens dont realize) is that in the US you can find ANYTHING. As soon as something "techy" gets release, either its released in Japan or in the US, also, the US has social "guarantees" that you dont see in many other countries, etc. Plus, its no that expensive compared to European countries.

Seriously, though, living in the number 1 superpower, apart from having some negative things, it gives it's citizens alot of positive stuffs.

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I'd like to live in lots of other countries (US, UK, Canada, Ukraine, Japan, Germany just to name a few) for extended periods of time, but in the end I think I'll end up back here. It's really a pretty good place to live (just wish it was a bit close to Europe). :)

6. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I guess that could be a "good" reason to pick the country you would like live (I am assuming you are a guy; if you are not, there is nothing wrong with that, I would like to add). But, those girls can become very expensive as I think they could be very fashion-conscious.

7. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I've looked into moving to Canada namely Victoria, British Columbia. Unfortunately it is expensive and you must have quite a bit of money in order to become a citizen. We are just going to move NW to Portland, OR.

Iceland would also be nice!

8. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

Switzerland, or the UK (preferably Cardiff, Wales or London). :p San Marino would be nice too :) Where there are hot men, I follow :)

9. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

id like to move to either england or france (london or paris), or stay in the us and move to new york.
    in a perfect world...

10. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I am a guy, so I guess that means my plans don't extend very far into the future...:rolleyes:

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Without a doubt, I would love to be able to move to good ol' England! :)

12. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

#1 now; but, who knows in 10 or 20 years down the road. If you are looking for the most up to date products, you can get them in Japan, Europe, or any other economically developed countries. In the consumer market, I don't think USA is superior to other developed countries.

13. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Yay for Portland! (Great City)

I would move to Holland (my favorite country) but retain my US citizenship for a little while at least. I like the idea of the USA, if not what is happening to our country right now. It is not the politics that make me want to move (ok well maybe they play a small role. Or maybe a big one. :D ) but the culture- the greed and general largeness of everything here (cars, people, portions, houses- the excess on every level) is driving me insane!

The only thing holding me back (aside from being 16 and in highschool) is the language. Its a difficult one. That is a problem easily solved. What may take longer is growing up, going to college, then getting a job.

14. Frozone macrumors 6502

Australia
    New Zealand
    England
    Canada
    Japan

One of those places, but not in any particular order.

15. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

Anywhere there is water for playing in and warm most of the time. Mexico or southern US. Any other suggestions?

16. RedBull17 macrumors member

Brazil, and all of the caribbean :p

17. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Yeah, I could also pick UK as my choice; I don't want to learn new languages as I am a bilingual with English and one other language. But, I hope it is as big as Australia.

18. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

YES! Or Alaska, or somewhere without bugs...

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Funny, I've been to all of these places except Japan, and have lived at 3 of these places for at least 1 year, and I'd pick Canada. :p

I know I know......I'm a bit biased, seeing as how I'm Canadian, but still.......Canada is cool, and Canadians are cool. :cool: English people are cool, but I don't think I'd live there. English weather and everything ruins it. Australia is great too, but some of the people ruin it. :p

I'll probably go to Japan in December. I'll see if it's worth moving to. ;)

20. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Either Canada (Toronto) or anywhere in England. I wouldn't mind any other place in Europe, actually.

21. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not having to learn another language is a nice perk of moving to the UK. :)

Although, I guess that I would have to use proper english if I moved there instead of my corrupt yankee version. ;) :D

22. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Um, here? We're an island - there's plenty of water.
    [​IMG]

Try the Whitsundays, they all look like that...

23. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I wonder who they are........:p

24. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I apologise on behalf of Mad Jew. :p ;)

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

There are a few places I could see myself living - Australia, Hungary... so many beautiful places I've visited all over the world... but for me, I love being here in Canada. What can I say, it's a great country. :cool: