Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
The dell's are very nice monitor's and are made by sony but the £336 price tag is before V.A.T and delivery so that will take you upto near a apple display which i would go for over the dell anyday, maybe its worth saving up for the Apple display it will be worth it.

SHadow

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
For a small machine like a Mini, I think it would only be fair to buy a 30" Apple LCD - the visual of this setup is worth it on its own! ;)

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
~Shard~ said:
For a small machine like a Mini, I think it would only be fair to buy a 30" Apple LCD - the visual of this setup is worth it on its own! ;)

Yeah, it's a shame that the Mac mini won't drive the 30" display, that would indeed be quite a visual! :)

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I say buy an LCD that is DVI for a Mac Mini. Just whatever brand you would like. That is the awesome thing about Mac's, you don't really need hardware specific drivers for monitor, unlike windoze. I've plugged in my Compaq Presario 1400 Monitor up to the PowerMac G5, and I mean it was tiny, but it worked with nothing required.

amartins02

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2005
So, in your opinion guys which is better or has more advantages a 20 inch dell (the 2005FPW i think, the wide screen) or a 19 or 26 inch wide screen lcd tv? I am wondering exactly which is best because if the tv lcd does the job and you get a tv out of it to then isn't it worth it? Or is there a difference with refresh rates? Will the tv lcd underperform in games? Thanks guys.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
amartins02 said:
So, in your opinion guys which is better or has more advantages a 20 inch dell (the 2005FPW i think, the wide screen) or a 19 or 26 inch wide screen lcd tv? I am wondering exactly which is best because if the tv lcd does the job and you get a tv out of it to then isn't it worth it? Or is there a difference with refresh rates? Will the tv lcd underperform in games? Thanks guys.

Go for the Dell over a TV. You'll get better performance across the board, plus the USB hub. The Dell can take a signal from DVI, VGA, SVideo, and maybe composite (not sure on that last one) all at once. You can switch between sources, side by side, picture in picture, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.