iPad which do you prefer ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by valmonts, Jan 23, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Which do you prefer for jailbreak, downgrade iPad 2 ios 6 to 5.1.1 or wait until there is a new ios 6 jailbreak ? i am very confused about this :confused:

2. macrumors 603

saving107

Are people still jailbreaking? Wow.

3. macrumors regular

Just wait. Jailbreak will be out soon after Apple releases iOS 6.1.

4. macrumors member

I've owned a 3Gs and now a 4s and have jailbroken both mainly for stuff like BiteSMS and iBlacklist and adding 'themed' icons and being able to resize them etc. Cosmetic stuff. Could I live without all this? Probably. Will I be jailbreaking the ipad? Nope. Mainly because it's a pain the backside to try and use apps like Sky Go when jailbroken.

5. macrumors 65816

Well, a lot of us aren't since there isn't an iOS 6 JB for A5 and newer chips. However, when one is released, I will definitely JB my 5 and mini. I don't go crazy, and I don't steal apps, but there are a number of jailbreak tweaks that really improve the experience of the phone, and frankly I like theming my icons. :)

While I'll take my stock iPhone 5 over my formerly jailbroken iPhone 4S, I do miss a few of the tweaks and themes. I really miss NC Settings and the tweak that allows you to swipe over the keyboard to act as cursor placement.

6. macrumors G4

dhlizard

What does this mean :confused:

5.1.1 is a firmware version
    6.0.x is a firmware version