Which files do I need to copy?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ump3, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ump3 macrumors member

ump3

I am working from home (running 10.3.9) but will soon be working at a place with 10.4, What files do I need to transfer to keep all my passwords etc that are embedded in Firefox in the form of various logins on many of my favorites?

Thanks

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

In your user name home folder, there should be a "Library" Folder, inside that there is a Mozilla folder. Keep following that down and you will find Profiles, default, then another folder in that which should be your user profile. Don't mind that its named kind of funny. I'm not sure if you could copy the whole Mozilla folder, or just what is in your the Profile folder. Make sure you install and run Firefox, then close and make sure Firefox isn't running. Then copy over your profile info.

It could also be as simple as copying the cookies file and the bookmarks.html file. Just guess and test.

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

What type on install do you plan on doing, because the archive and install option will leave your library and application folder alone. Plus crate a folder for your old system, as a backup.

4. ump3 thread starter macrumors member

ump3

Its a different machine thats running the 10.4, I'll continue to run 10.3.9 at home. It was more about what files to copy across to that other machine, I'm not installing any OS. Cheers

5. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

True sorry, its the morning here and i just quickly read your thread.