Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
$200 for an extra 48GB is not a bargain.

For the same amount, you can rent 100GB of storage in the Cloud for two years and share it between devices.

Sounds ok, but don't you have to be in range of wifi then to access your music in the Cloud?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Sounds ok, but don't you have to be in range of wifi then to access your music in the Cloud?

Any connection will work. Cellular, Wi-Fi or even a tethered connection. You can also choose to download albums if you are going to be without a connection.

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
Any connection will work. Cellular, Wi-Fi or even a tethered connection. You can also choose to download albums if you are going to be without a connection.

Yes. Thx. I certainly wouldn't need access to all music all the time: I could create a variety of playlists. Great idea. I'm using iCloud a little, but more amounts of cloud storage sounds as if it's the way to go for a lot of reasons. (Still time to exchange the iPad. which I'll seriously consider).

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Yes. Thx. I certainly wouldn't need access to all music all the time: I could create a variety of playlists. Great idea. I'm using iCloud a little, but more amounts of cloud storage sounds as if it's the way to go for a lot of reasons. (Still time to exchange the iPad. which I'll seriously consider).

Just know that iCloud storage cannot be used as you see fit. If you want access to your iTunes library on the go, you'll need to sign up for iTunes Match from the iTunes Store.

isacikgoz

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
16 gigs, cuz i realize that i never use more than 8-9 gigs at specific time. and it teaches me to delete apps or vids that i don't use anymore. and saves my estra 100-200 bucks at the same time.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
32 gig wifi. I'm testing the waters with the Mini and was trying to be conservative on the spend.

Like a lot of people I am going on the assumption that at some point in the future there will be a version with a Retina display that I will want so no sense blowing the big $$$ now.

I didn't intend to load my 14 gigs of music on it anyway. I listen to music on my 4s.

Steve

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Ordered my mom a 32GB as she wants to keep lots of pictures and stuff on it. Going to get myself a 16GB as a device to just browse on at home.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I opted for the base 16gb model. I'm pleased with that, I keep my music on my iPhone so the 16gb mini has more then enough storage at this point for me

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
The base Mini is what I'll be targeting. Spent a good chunk of money on a release day 64GB Playbook, loved the form factor but definitely over spent on storage I didn't really need.

That's because the Playbook has what, 4 apps for it? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.