Which headsets work with iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SephirothXR, Nov 27, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Nov 27, 2008
    Does any headset work, like this Logitech one? I know the one that comes with the iPhone works, but I want a headset to use for my laptop (Skype talk) and my iPhone (both music and talking on phone (as in the mic works, not just listening and talking into the phone still)).
  2. thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 27, 2008
    Hey guys I really need to know this by tomorrow for Black Friday, can any headset/mic work with an iPhone?
  3. macrumors member

Sep 19, 2008
    I believe that any headset with a 3.5mm jack will work.

I think.
  4. selena12321, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014

macrumors member

Jun 24, 2008
    You could use koss or griffin headphones for iphone.
  5. macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2008
    The question then becomes, who makes a headset with a 3.5 mm jack? I am looking for one that is not a earbud/music device, just for making calls.
  6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 27, 2008
    So plain headphones and a headphone/microphone combo have different sizes? On my laptop there are 3 different ports, and I know that one of them is for microphone and one is for headphone, and the headset I posted earlier has 2 different cords, so I don't know if I have to plug in the microphone one into the iPhone and I can still listen to music through that.
  7. macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2007
    a simple google search would give you plenty of answers
  8. macrumors member

Aug 14, 2004
    No it has to be all in one plug. 2 different plugs will not work.

The plug must have 3 rings on it. One for audio, one for mic, and the other for the control of the iphone (answering, skipping songs, etc).
  9. macrumors newbie

Nov 29, 2008
  10. macrumors 68020

Apr 26, 2003
    A simple google search has not been that productive for me.

So - any suggestions for an over the ear headset with attached microphone boom for the iPhone 3G?

11. macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2010
    over the ear headset for iphone

Was reading your post.. did you ever get a headset that worked for you? Sure would appreciate any advice.