Which I-pod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by CW Jones, Nov 24, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey another FNG here. I have been around forums enough to know how they work tho so no worries.

First things first I have a MacBook Pro and a Zune 30GB (Flame suit on) I am NOT trying to start a flame war haha I just would like to know if anyone has heard anything about Zune software coming out soon for Macs? I would love to just keep the Zune =... BUT I can't connect it to my new laptop, But you CAN connect an I-pod to a PC? haha I find this kinda funny.

Joking aside, I am just going to have to get a I-pod I guess..... I am thinking one of the new 8GB nanos or possibly the I-touch. I really know nothing about I-pods at all haha So should I go ahead and just get one, or does someone know anything about Zune software for a Mac? I thought I read something about it before but I can't find it again...

-Collin

2. macrumors 601

eawmp1

3. Guest

spinnerlys

Welcome, Fondation Nationale de Gérontologie.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/10/06/ms.considers.mac.zune.app.an.option/

There is no real evidence, that Microsoft will create Mac compatible software for its Zune.

You could use Windows via Boot Camp or a virtual machine like VM Fusion, Sun Virtual Box or Parallels to access your Zune.

And it's called iPod.

Have a look here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/

We don't know your uses, so get what fist best with you.

PS: Why the strange spellings?

But not everyone knows how to. Fora are one of many places one will see that.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Aw man what did I spell wrong this time? haha I make LOTS of spelling mistakes, that's why I am in college :)

5. Guest

spinnerlys

Why you went to school then?

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

7. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

iPod.

Anyway, get an iTouch there's little reason to get anything else.

8. macrumors regular

college is not to learn how to spell my dude lol

you said you have a 30gb zune so why not get a 32gb ipod touch?

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

well, interesting point BUT I only have like 6-7GB of music right now... I only usually add a song or two at a time, plus all the crappy songs I never listen too... lol The 32GB is also more expensive haha I did just get my $100 apple rebate tho... hmm

No worries guys and gals I got it, there is no "-" in between the "i" and "Pod"
    Just took me a little while :D

10. macrumors regular

if you get a nano, keep in mind that its not exactly 8gb its more like 7.something gigs, why not look into the 16gb version?

11. macrumors regular

If you are going to get the ipod touch, you can get the refurbished 16 GB for the same price as the 8 gig. Refurbished comes with the same warranty, and all accessories, etc. or you could get 32 gigs for 50 dollars more. heres the link: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod