Which iBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Chris1127, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Chris1127 macrumors newbie

Nov 9, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    First, I would LOVE to have a PowerBook, but they're just too expensive. So please don't try to tempt me with it. ;)

Second, a 12" screen is kinda cramped, a little small for watching DVDs, and all that.

So I've narrowed things down to the 14" iBook. And now to my question. Is it really worth spending $150 for the extra 67MHz? I won't be doing too much processor-intensive stuff, just web-surfing, a little Photoshop maybe, some web-dev, some gaming, etc. Any thoughs to help me make up my mind would be greatly appreciated!
  2. niter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2003
    Get the cheaper iBook and buy RAM with the saved money. I have the 12" and it is slower than both, but super fast for me.
  3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

Sep 30, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Id say go for the the 933mhz one. I don't think there will be any noticaable difference from the 1ghz iBook. Use the extra money you saved to get some ram, and it will be faster than the 1ghz iBook.

Edit: niter beat me to it.;)
  4. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    i don't think it's worth it, but the 1 GHz model comes with a bigger HD.
  5. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

Dec 26, 2003
    Las vegas
    Add the ram

It will the best if you add ram like everyone else said
  6. flahiker macrumors member

Jan 3, 2003
    If you buy from Apple, spend the extra $50 and upgrade the HD. I would not sweat the extra MHz.
  7. mms macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2003
    IMO the 30GB HD that comes with the 12 inch would be enough if that's all you'll be doing with it. Unless you're planning to edit video a lot or something that takes up a whole lot of space, that would be enough. Don't bother upgrading the HD.
  8. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2003
    i'd just upgrade the HD to 60 GB which is an extra 50
    save the 100 cause a ram upgrade will help out a lot more than 67 Mhz