All iPads Which iPad Best for Work Situation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JakeT85, Feb 18, 2013.

1. macrumors member

I work for a water, fire, and mold restoration/reconstruction company. Our corporate headquarters is developing an app that will run on iPads for our technicians to use in the field. I am trying to decide which iPad would be best, the full size or the mini. Would like opinions from some people who own both, or one or the other. Below, I have listed the primary functions it will be used for. Thanks for any feedback.

- taking photos of rooms we are working in to document file
    - loading contracts that insurance companies want signed for homeowner to look over and sign
    - scanning credit card or photographing checks for payment
    - providing directions to next stop to crew as well as tracking of crews
    - filling out of scope sheets for job
    - barcode scanning equipment used on site to track inventory
    - sketching room measurements
    - making job file notes and entering humidity and moisture content amounts for job file documentation

2. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

The iPad mini since it sounds like they'll be carrying them around most of the time. And they're a handy size.

3. macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

The mini is probably the best since it's a lot lighter. The full sized iPad would be better for image editing or longer writing.

4. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

All your needs can be done on either iPad. It's now up to screen size or portability. Why don't you survey your employees to see what they prefer?

5. macrumors 68040

I agree. Get a few of each and have your employees try both out? Though it seems the mini might be more preferable. Both even have the same camera, though I doubt the iPad's capabilities as a document scanner. Never got it to work properly as one.