iPad Which iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sammyvine, Jun 13, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I am going to uni and want an ipad to listen to music to on the train and browse

which ipad do you recommend

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've been very pleased with the iPad mini. It's extremely portable, and yet very usable.

3. macrumors 65816

HiDEF

I recently picked up a iPad 4 and though it's really nice with the retina, I think I might exchange it for a mini; but still undecided.

----------

curious, have you run into any sluggish performance/lag?

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

None, whatsoever. I don't do any gaming, however, so if you plan to, I can't speak for what kind of performance you would get.

5. macrumors 603

rgarjr

It really depends on how u going to use it. A mini would suit u best if you wanna use it on the go.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

yeah may wait for the retina

the ipad is too big imo

7. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

if you can wait until Sept for mini 2 with retina then just wait. if not then get mini 1. :apple:

8. macrumors 601

Any of them will meet those requirements. You'd have to provide more criteria to narrow it down.

9. macrumors 68000

TyPod

Grab a 16GB iPad Mini, sounds like it would be perfect for you!

10. macrumors 68030

I vastly prefer the 9.7" screen size-not to mention the better hardware it has.

Only advantage to the mini would be if it's pocketable, which I assume it's not (asking a question about that right now lol)

11. macrumors 6502a

Do you play lot of games? And what about storage? iPad Mini is very portable and might be suitable for you but its older chip and 512MB isn't as good as the iPad 4. Also this year's iPad Mini might not get retina display according to the rumours -

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/19/analyst-flip-flops-again-thinner-ipad-mini-in-late-2013-retina-display-in-early-2014/

12. macrumors 68030

That would make some kind of sense. It can't go to 4x the resolution very easily with decent battery life since it needs 4x the GPU. But they can still bump it to the dual core Swift + 3 GPU design used in the iPhone.