Which ipod for Europe?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sammyman, Mar 24, 2005.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I am going to europe for the first time and want an ipod for the road. Which one? I am considering every model and need some advice. I would like to be able to store some photos to the ipod for backup if possible. The ipod photo is a little expensive. I have read that if you transfer pictures from the camera to the ipod that they can't be viewed. Is that true? Can you transfer pictures to a mini? Lastly, which of the models are soon to be updated? Don't want to buy something that is updated the next day. Thanks.

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

About the photo and not being able to view them... That was true until this week. The new camera connector now lets you transfer and view photos on the iPod Photo. You can store photos on the mini, but it requires a fairly pricey Belkin device, and you obviously cant view them on the iPod. The new mini does have the longest battery life of all the iPods though.

People seem to think the next gen of the big iPods is going to come out any day now, but I don't know why anyone thinks that because the iPod lineup was just revamped a month ago. None of the iPods are likely to be updated for at least a few months in my opinion.

3. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any guesses what will change in the new big ipods? Is there a 5th generation around the corner, or just price drops.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Like I said, i don't think there will be a change any time soon.

Rumor has it that the next revision may include a bluetooth module, though. Which could open a world of possibilities for wireless remotes and wireless streaming to stereos, if true.

5. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

The new iPods (5th Gen) will most likely not be seen until holiday shopping season at earliest...

Everyones guessing... I have heard it will not be white anymore which wouldnt be a good move... I heard it will have a new way to navigate music, every screen is color, different sizes, dropping 20GB model, adding 80 GB model, adding new "type" of iPod (like shuffle, mini, photo...), bigger screen, smaller iPod, price drops...

They are all rumors...