Which iPod should I buy?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by music.addict411, Mar 22, 2007.

1. music.addict411 macrumors member

music.addict411

I currently have a black, 1GB 1st generation iPod nano its been great up untill now, theres a dent in the back, some of the songs are skipping and the plug in at the bottom is in bad shape. I can still use it but I am looking out for a new iPod. I'm thinking of a refurbished video (past generation) a new nano, or a shuffle (I know thats all of the models) I like music videos and podcasts, I need ATLEAST 4GB to keep my music, so shuffle is not right. Any suggestions.

Oh and Im trying not to spend more than $250.

2. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Well, sounds like the current 5th generation iPod is the only one that meets all those criteria, if you want video. Otherwise it or the 4GB Nano would work.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

To be honest, I find that the size of my 5.5G 80GB discourages me from carrying it around in my pocket. The 30B is a bit better I guess, but I am really surprised to find that for listening to music, I wind up just taking my Shuffle 2G everywhere I go.

4. copperhead macrumors member

if u want some room for extra songs in the future get the 30gb video, but if u wanna be able to take it with you wherever u go then the nano is a great option, either 4 or 8 gigs