Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diegobgr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Hi.

I will be buying an iMac next month, and I will get an iPod with the promo.

I am wondering which iPod will be the best for me.

I have an iPhone now and my next mobile phone will be iPhone 4G or a Blackberry, so I will have mail, contacts, calendar and internet on my phone, so I don't know if I should get and iPod Touch.

I think that I only will use it while running or something like that, rest of time --> :apple: Dock.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Get the iTouch and sell it. You can then buy any iPod with that money or use it for something more useful, e.g. external HD

diegobgr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
I will look for take an iTouch and sell it, but if I finally don't do this, which should I get?

Nano or Classic?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I will look for take an iTouch and sell it, but if I finally don't do this, which should I get?

Nano or Classic?

Which one do you need or want more? It sounds like you're not in need of iPod so just get iTouch and sell it or give it as a gift for someone (wife/GF). 150$ is nice amount of money which can be used wiser than buying a useless iPod

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
Hi.

I will be buying an iMac next month, and I will get an iPod with the promo.

I am wondering which iPod will be the best for me.

I have an iPhone now and my next mobile phone will be iPhone 4G or a Blackberry, so I will have mail, contacts, calendar and internet on my phone, so I don't know if I should get and iPod Touch.

I think that I only will use it while running or something like that, rest of time --> :apple: Dock.

nano. Based on your 'needs', go with what Hellhammer said and get the most out of the offer and get an iPod Touch and sell it. But if you don't feel like doing that, get a nano in case you do decide to run. The classic has an actual spinning drive that can be damaged from turbulance from running or an accidental fall/drop.

Audrey313

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2010
I have been wondering the same thing. I have an iPhone now (32 gb) which I will update to whatever the newest generation is a year or year and a half from now. I also have a 1st generation nano. I use the iPhone and iPod separately when it comes to music. For instance, if I'm out by a pool, I listen to the iPod. Anyways, the 1st generation iPod is pretty outdated (obviously)...black and white screen with text only. So I really would like to get something to update my iPod needs when I get the student promo when I get my MBP (not only my first Mac, but first laptop)! So my question is what to do about the iPod...which to get. I went to the Apple store the other day to browse and it only confused me more! I think video is important to me since it is something my nano lacks right now and I think I would use and enjoy...and they all obviously offer it. But the nano's screen is so small that I think watching anything on it would make me crazy! So I guess I'm between the touch and the classic (paying the difference). I'm definitely going to wait until after WWDC just on the teeny tiny chance they do anything to affect any part of this deal (price reductions, etc). Anyone have any advice for me since I am actually needing a new iPod? Thanks in advance for any input!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.