Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
ansalmo said:
I haven't actually tried it, but I can't imagine there'll be any problem running any version of Windows under Parallels. You can run several other OS variants under Parallels, e.g. BSDs, Linux, etc, in much the same way as you can with VMware, VirtualPC, Virtual Server, QEMU etc, so I can't see there being a problem with earlier XP versions.

Why not download the Parallels demo and try it?

You can run versions of Windows all the way back to 3.1, and if that is too fancy for you, you can always just load up a VM in Parallels with DOS 6.22

The only caveat is no Vista as of yet.

squirrelist

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2006
San Francisco, CA
netdog said:
You can run versions of Windows all the way back to 3.1, and if that is too fancy for you, you can always just load up a VM in Parallels with DOS 6.22

The only caveat is no Vista as of yet.

Correct - I am using Parallels with XP SP1, upgraded to SP2. I also have a 98 virtual machine to play old games. I'll be installing DOS 6.22 soon too so that I can play some really old stuff like Return to Zork. Hopefully the sound device will work.

mactank76

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2007
earth
How can I load autoroute onto parallel?

INTEL MAC 2.4 2GB RAM 160GB HD 5400RPM 15"

I have been reading up on boot camp v's parallel and rekon I will go for Parallel with XP PRO sp2, I want to use Auto Aoute with GPS, I was wondering if you guys had any tips or advice on loading this Auto Rout disk..
I dont want to suddenly get any errors also I will need to plug in a USB GPS.

Any one?
Ta.

Happy christmas by the way.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.