Which is better Earthlink or Roadrunner?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jayeskreezy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I am looking to get cable internet in my house and I wanted to know which service was better. Currently they are both offering the same promotions in my area. I have never had these services-only Comcast, Adelphia, and Verizon DSL internet, but never roadrunner or earthlink. We will have macs and pc's running in my house, and the router will be connected to my mac.

I just wanted to know which one was the best as far as upload and download speeds as well as overall speed and reliability.

2. msev macrumors newbie

Check pricing

go to earthlink.net and check the pricing. In my area,NJ with TimeWarner, you can order either service directly from the cable provider. BUT if you order service directly from Earthlink, you can save $5 per month. It is still billed through Time Warner. I pay 45 instead of 50. Check it out for your area. and while your at Earthlink, check out their internet calling packages. I use the 500 mins per month for $15 plan, with a new phone number that is in my local area. Read the service agreement, it is Vonage service. I have kept my original phone number and decreased my phone service to local only. I use the internet for outgoing regional and long distance calls, and use the local phone for incoming phone calls and outgoing local. I pay $21 + 15 for this service, Which is far less than the $120 I was paying last year for traditional phone service from ATT. I did not want to give up a traditional phone line into the house, because the internet phone service does not work during a power failure.