Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhazeII

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Southern California
I'm about to JB my 4.3.1 BB 04.10.01. I was wondering what software is most popular among you guys? I hear L1mera having battery issues? Other have no issues at all. Greenp0ison... does that one even apply to JB my device? and Redsnow?

I just restored and was thinking about going with Redsnow but some of the links i found are broken (maybe it was an old version?)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
i guess reading this forum will get you up to date fast.

newest JB is for 5.01

You can jailbreak 4.3.1 on Jailbreakme.com

But do read up first, you might wanna update to 5.01 with all the new features.

Last edited:

Davvido

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
Poland
I always prefer jailbreaks from Dev-Team only. I don't really trust other 'hackers'. I've been using PwnageTool/redsn0w since I remember. I advice you the same. :)

budgynana

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2010
I've used PwnageTool and redsn0w in the past and didn't have any issues with them but I've since started using Sn0wbreeze which also hasn't given me any issues. As there are still a few issues with the 5.0.1 jb I'm gonna hold off til they get ironed out and this is exactly why there isn't a new Sn0wbreeze just yet. PwnageTool/redsn0w aren't necessarily worse, they're just not my choice anymore.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I'm about to JB my 4.3.1 BB 04.10.01. I was wondering what software is most popular among you guys? I hear L1mera having battery issues? Other have no issues at all. Greenp0ison... does that one even apply to JB my device? and Redsnow?

I just restored and was thinking about going with Redsnow but some of the links i found are broken (maybe it was an old version?)

Which device do you have? different IOS work better on certain devices. Also if you have a 3GS or a iPhone 4 you have to shsh blobs in order to install that IOS but if your iPhone 4 Also do you mean 4.2.1 or 4.3 and Redsn0w is my normal jailbreak tool. I don't care for Sn0wbreeze and Chronic-Dev teams Greanpois0n lost me when I found out Coconuts creator of Yourtube fiasco is one of there main guys. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.