Which KB to buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kudzurising, Aug 18, 2004.

1. kudzurising macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2004
    I’m a gtr player looking to get more functionality out of Garageband so I’m looking at keyboards.

I could go for the M-Audio Keystation 49e (price is an issue), but I feel like there is a good possibility that I might grow out of that quickly. With that in mind, I’d like it to have it’s own sounds, just in case I need to use it away from my Mac. So I guess midi connections would be mandatory. Other then that, I'm pretty open. Keep in mind I know just enough to know that I need to ask for help.

I’ve narrowed it down to the Edirol PCR-30 USB 32-Key MIDI Controller ($159.99) or the M-Audio Radium49 49-Key USB MIDI Controller ($149.95). Although I haven’t checked, I’ll assume they both work with GB.

Anyone have any thoughts, opinions, suggestions or alternatives? Since cost is an issue does anyone have a fav store that they use that usually has the cheapest prices? I’ll buy from Musician’s friend if I have to…..
  2. karambos macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2004
    Yamaha CSx1. They can be picked up dirt cheap nowadays but the pads are great for the price. Piano is not good. Check out SonicState.com for reviews

Try http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_index.html
  3. kudzurising thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2004
    Thx karambos. I already bought the PCR-30 & love it so far.