Which keyboard option do you use?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by atteligibility, Dec 8, 2012.

?

Which keyboard do you use?

1. Wireless keyboard

73 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Wired keyboard with numeric keypad

58 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. 3rd party keyboard

19 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. macrumors regular

Are you guys using the wireless keyboard or the wired one with numeric keyboard, or maybe a third party keyboard?

2. macrumors 6502

I want the numeric keyboard, so I am wired right now. I may switch to wireless when my iMac gets here just to see if I like it. I can always change back.

3. macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Wired numerical keyboard on iMac, wireless Apple on mini mac, Logitech solar k760 for Air and iPads.

4. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

I prefer to use numerical pad so I also need the wire. A wireless and numerical keyboard would be great.
    For iPad and Mac Mini I have two wireless KB around.

5. macrumors 68000

Ditto

6. macrumors regular

ForceGhost

I like the feel of the old wired numeric keyboard. It was more clicky and every now and then i switch to it but for the most part i use the wireless. Why? Because i hate wires.

7. macrumors 68020

Me, I hate wireless. I don't want to worry about keeping two sets of batteries EACH for the keyboard AND the Touchpad, and making sure the spare is charged when the other set has run down. To say nothing of the environmental impact.

And if you ever need to boot to the Recovery Partition or do other maintenance, you need to faff around with pairing up the devices before you can do anything.

I've even installed the Mobee Power bar in my Touchpad, which provides constant power via USB instead of a battery. If there was a USB version of the Touchpad, so I could turn Bluetooth off, that would be great.
    I recommend the Mobee products: they make a whole range of induction rechargers for Apple peripherals.

The keyboard and mouse/touchpad sit on my desk, two feet away from the computer. They don't need to be wireless.

8. macrumors member

Gascogne

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 6502

I use the wired one for a number of reasons. I use the numeric pad, and I use the buttons to the left of it (whatever they are called). I also use the keyboard's USB ports frequently, and also, on the wireless keyboard the extra fn-button messes up most of of my commands that include ctrl, - I don't have this problem with the wired one.

I also have no need for it to be wireless (even if it would be nice sometimes), and I hate changing batteries.

10. macrumors regular

My current iMac and my on order iMac have the wired keyboard, I like to charge my phone and plug my cf card reader in.

11. macrumors 6502

Same as scrapula, wired currently, but I'm going try wireless with the new iMac.

12. macrumors 6502a

shinji

matias tactile pro

13. macrumors 6502a

Wireless Keyboard because it works iPads and iPhones.

Can always by a 3rd party keyboard later.

14. macrumors member

wired because it also gives me 2 usd ports extra

15. macrumors newbie

16. macrumors regular

zemzabob

I just use the standard wireless keyboard but I do really miss the number pad.

17. macrumors newbie

Also went with the wired. At work had the wireless keyboard, and could never get comfortable typing on it. The keys seemed too close together, and I missed the delete key and numeric keypad. The 2 extra usb ports are nice on it, but I'd trade those for a wireless version of the keyboard.

18. macrumors regular

19. macrumors 65816

Photography

I've always used the wired keyboard with numeric keypad, and I love it. However, with the new iMac, I decided to choose a wireless keyboard for several reasons.

1. to keep a clean design with no wires
    2. because I also bought an Apple battery charger to go along with my iMac
    3. because I can use this keyboard with my iOS devices

20. FreemanW, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012

macrumors 6502

I am about to leave the darkside (as soon as my 27" iMac arrives) and I anticipate missing my 'Model-M' style, buckling-spring keyboard with the num-pad.

I am very likely going to spring for one of these num-pad attachments.

D'OH !

Should have read the entire thread prior to posting :eek:

One of the reviews at the Apple Store says this extension num-pad is plastic. Oh snap!

21. macrumors member

why doesn't Apple sell a wireless with Num Pad? People want one. I for one would buy one. On my BTO iMac I chose a wireless keyboard, which is what I also have on my other iMac. I'm thinking I may end up buying a wired one down the road, so I have the numpad

22. macrumors newbie

23. macrumors regular

None of the above. I have a wired without a keypad!

24. macrumors 6502

Does the wired keyboard feature usb 3 ports? Now that would be a major plus!

25. macrumors regular

NVRENUF!

Logitech K800 Illuminated Wireless here

[​IMG]