Which Keyboard to add onto Macbook ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dcl, Aug 3, 2006.

1. dcl macrumors regular

dcl

Which Keyboard to add onto Macbook ?

1) Apple Keyboard M9034LL/A

2) Apple Wireless Keyboard M9270LL/A

3) Something Else :confused:

Don't really need to go bluetooth / but is it just too much of a Wow factor to pass up ?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The Apple Wireless Keyboard is a beautiful thing. The wired one is nice too, and it offers you some USB ports, I believe, if you need that. I'd personally go with the Apple Wireless KB. It's not that expensive, and it's so beautiful. :)

3. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

4. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Apple Wireless KB FTW!:D (my point being, buy that one)

5. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

I'd say something else. I've had three Apple keyboards and the keys always get stuck once it turns about a year and a half old.

6. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

apple wireless keyboard. i'm going all BT/wireless when my next purchase comes around (in no less than a year, unfortunately).

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Something else. The Apple keyboard, either wired or wireless is (perhaps like many other bits of Apple gear?) built poorly. The keys end up binding in a very short period of time.

I've switched to Keysonic keyboards, specifically this one (It's Windows but it works, as do the volume controls), which is undoubtedly OEM'd across many countries under different names. It's stopped me hammering at the keyboard and the feel is much more consistent.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Binding? Has this happened to you on more than one? And like many other bits of Apple gear? I own an iBook, an iMac, a wireless kb, a wireless mouse, an AEBS, and an iPod... none of them have ever struck me as built poorly. Their build quality is not perfect -- and they do ship defective units, albeit at a low rate in comparison to competitors. But I find it hard to believe, especially thinking back about my own Wireless KB, that there's any design flaw in it that is going to cause it to bind anytime soon....

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

On all my desktop keyboards (bar the hardly-used ones on two of my iMacs), I'd have to say yes - the Enter key, the Shift keys and some of the numeric keys in particular. Laptop keyboards, no problems to date.

I didn't mean other Apple gear binds, I meant they're generally unreliable or poorly engineered despite being very nicely designed. Your experience with older gear may be otherwise: I know that my previous experience of Apples ten years ago had only one failure among at least ten different machines. Now every Mac I've bought this year bar one has had problems with it, and Apple's support with those problems has been nothing short of abysmal.

10. austere macrumors newbie

Another vote for no apple keyboard. I don't like their feel at all.

Macally makes good keyboards, I hear alot.

11. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Depends on what you use it for. If you need a wireless, there isnt a lot of competition around, but the Apple BT Keyboard is good in my experience. If you need wired, there are many options out there.

So yes, i vote for the Apple keyboard

12. Max on Macs macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

I've never had a problem with my year old Apple keyboard or my 3 month old Wireless Apple keyboard and I do maybe 200k keystrokes a month on the wireless and 100k or so ont he wired.

13. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

14. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I'd go for the Apple Wireless Keyboard. I own one, and its awesome :D