which kind of iPod for a switcher?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by toughboy, May 22, 2003.

1. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I am a PC user and I'm planning to switch with a iBook or PB this summer.. I already have an iPod 10gb Windows but I'll sell it and buy a new rel.2 iPod..
    After I'll buy my portable mac, I'll go on using PC at home, so which version of iPod would you recommend? does the mac version of new iPods work with PCs without macopener kind of programs? does Windows iPods need another additional program to connect to a mac?
    which one do you think should I purchase?

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The new iPods work with both Mac's and PC's. They are dual platform compatible.

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

4. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

FAT32(pc) formated iPod's will work on PC's and OS X (though i wouldn't personally trust OS X's implementation fo FAT32 with important data :rolleyes: )

as for choosing which... depends how much music you have. me? i am approaching 50gb so i opted for the 10gig. you can't actually listen to more more music so unless you can keep you're whole library on the iPod there is no point in my opinion.

bear in mind that the 10gig and 15gig are smaller in size and weight than the 30.

also, do you plan to use the apple provided dock, belt case and remote? i would never use those things so it was another reason to go to the low end...

research and think. you will find the answer.

5. donigian macrumors regular

Just get a new rev.3 iPod (either the new 10, 15, or 30). They are all Mac/Windows compatible. If you aren't looking to spend much go for the 10 GB one, but I'd recommend the 15 GB for value.