Which Mac should I buy? Please help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by imjoee, Dec 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

imjoee

I'm going back and forth with the new iMac 21.5in 16GB ram for 1450, or the MacBook Air 13" 1400 8GB ram once they announce a new one in summer 2013. I take a tons of photos, I do a lot editing, I need a lot of space, which Mac should I buy and what specs should I get? Ill do my homework on it including iWork, Lightroom, photoshop, Final Cut Pro, photo editing, YouTube videos etc, which Mac would fit my best bet? Please help, I also want it to past 5+ years.

2. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Get the iMac. It is much more powerful, more screen real estate, more storage, all of which is good for photo editing. I don't think the Air will do what you need it to do from the get-go, and it certainly wouldn't last 5+ for that type of use.

3. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Do you need portability? That is the only reason to consider the MBA.

Biggest difference is screen size, quality, and lack of discrete graphics in MBA. If you do effects in PS then discrete graphics would be a huge benefit. Also editing pics is easier on a bigger monitor with higher resolution.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

imjoee

If I do get the iMac, what kind of specs am I looking at? I want it to last 5+ years. Thanks

----------

It would be nice to have some portability, main key is lasting time. I want it to last long. I was looking at the base model 21.5in with 16gb ram, will that be good enough for 5+ years?