Which Mac to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sohailt00, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

recently decided to buy a Mac . However, i CANNOT decide which mac to buy, the MBA or iMac . I don't want to buy MBP it's too ex.

My req:

-Daily Internet Browsing
    -Normal Games,Apps(from mac app store and internet) Eg;Minecraft,iMovie
    iMovie export and import should not take long
    -Fast machine
    -Fast video buffering

I don't mind if the MBA does not have CD hole or firewire. I have a another computer for that. However i want to make this mac to be my personal one.
    Please reply!

2. macrumors member

This makes no sense. MBA is for portability, iMac not so much. Do you need a laptop or a desktop?

3. macrumors 6502

MBA or iMac? are you planning to travel much with your machine? If so, get a MBA. If not, get the iMac. Pretty simple choice actually.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Want to travel with it :) But i heard that the importing and exporting of iMovie is quite slow.....

----------

I need a laptop... But it's just that i heard that the importing and exporting of iMovie is quite slow.... Not sure which is faster!

5. macrumors regular

I'd place a safe bet on the iMac being faster in importing and exporting in imovie seeing as it's I guess mainly H.264 you're dealing with and the imac has a quad-core sandy bridge at a high frequency while the MBA has a dual core Ivy Bridge at a lower frequency.

But their form factor is... quite different. :eek: Subjectively I can't imagine imovie-export being so slow on the 2012 MBA that it'd be a deal-breaker for most people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.