Which macbook for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ramo, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ramo macrumors member

Feb 8, 2006
    Im stuck in a dilemma. I am replacing my MDD 867 G4 that I bought 3 years ago with a macbook pro. The Powermac has been great, but Ive always wanted a laptop. Ive been waiting to get a powerbook and now is the time..... So currently, I have a 2.0 GHZ 1GB ram, 7200RPM macbook pro on order. Keep in mind that this machine is to be a desktop replacement. My order came out to around 2250 with ADC membership which is good, but I can get a stock 1.83 config for about 500 cheaper.

I would say that about 90% of my usage is internet/itunes/mail/ichat. I do open photoshop and illustrator occasionaly. Would I be better off saving the 500 and going for a stock low end config? or should I stick with what I got?
  2. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    I think the 2.0 model is pretty good, especially considering it comes with additional VRAM. It's not something that you can easily upgrade through 3rd parties ;)
  3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Get the one with the apple on the side. It's my fav and I'm going to get one soon.
  4. AJBMatrix macrumors 6502

Feb 6, 2006
    Athens, Georgia
    Well, I am getting the MBP with: Just look at the Signature and that is what I got and like.