Which macbook for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ramo, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ramo macrumors member

Im stuck in a dilemma. I am replacing my MDD 867 G4 that I bought 3 years ago with a macbook pro. The Powermac has been great, but Ive always wanted a laptop. Ive been waiting to get a powerbook and now is the time..... So currently, I have a 2.0 GHZ 1GB ram, 7200RPM macbook pro on order. Keep in mind that this machine is to be a desktop replacement. My order came out to around 2250 with ADC membership which is good, but I can get a stock 1.83 config for about 500 cheaper.

I would say that about 90% of my usage is internet/itunes/mail/ichat. I do open photoshop and illustrator occasionaly. Would I be better off saving the 500 and going for a stock low end config? or should I stick with what I got?

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

I think the 2.0 model is pretty good, especially considering it comes with additional VRAM. It's not something that you can easily upgrade through 3rd parties ;)

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Get the one with the apple on the side. It's my fav and I'm going to get one soon.

4. AJBMatrix macrumors 6502

AJBMatrix

Well, I am getting the MBP with: Just look at the Signature and that is what I got and like.