Which MacBook Should I Get?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Firebourne88, Jun 17, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm looking at a couple different macbooks, one is the 13 in aluminium unibbody 2.4 4gb of ram and a 250 hdd. The other is the newer white unibody macbook with 2.4 4gb of ram and a 320gb hdd. I make dvds, play games, and do very light video editing but with hd files. I read the guide but I just wanted to hear opinions and personal preference. They are both used and in great condition so thats not a deciding factor. Thanks for the input

2. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

The white one has a better GPU so for gaming, it's a lot better choice.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I also saw that supposedly the new macbooks will support 8gb of ram is that true i know 4gb is what apple states but can it hold the 8gb and function? i also heard something about the 1tb internal drive works in the macbook also is this true?

4. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

Both are true.

5. macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Do yourself a favour, and don't bother with the white unibody. I have one, and the 4Gb ram limit is pants, and if the rubber bottom peels off the one you may buy (it is a known fault which Apple fix free, but why go down this route without need?) then you'll be annoyed.

For the little extra, I'd buy AT LEAST the 13" MBP.

6. macrumors P6

dukebound85

You realize you can put 8 gigs in that machine right?

7. macrumors member

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the input the only problem is I'm selling my current laptop to get this one so I have to go used and can't wait to save up so its either the newer mackbook white unibody or the older aluminium unibody only thing I like about the newer one is really the better video card is this a good enough reason to? go ahead and get it

9. macrumors 65816

I would go with the white. It's technically the more capable machine.